Affiliate Features Implemented : Request to unlink button added!

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score

The above is now available under channel settings > network
For affiliate partners.

Affiliate should also now have to claim their videos and then wait up to 24 hours while YouTube reviews the videos before they get monetized, so scheduling videos may be a good plan.

Br00tal

No Mercy For The Weak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Finally can many disappointed RPM partners unpartner.
I am so happy for them.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can see a lot more people moaning when their network doesn't let them out immediately and declines the request to unlink, a contract is a legal agreement which so many dont seem to understand, they cant just back out of after signing it not unless both parties agree to terminate the contract. Contracts are really not taken seriously enough these days.

People shouldn't buy into something without reading it or understanding it properly and sign something if you're going to complain two or 6 months down the line when the contract is for 12 months.

Is this to be used for leaving a network when a contract is nearly up for renewal too? I see it being very handy if that is the case, if you only have a month or two left and they need 30 days notice just hit the button and it should all be fairly automatic.

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Finally can many disappointed RPM partners unpartner.
I am so happy for them.
Only if RPM lets them, which they likely won't if in a contract.[DOUBLEPOST=1386078258,1386078034][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is this to be used for leaving a network when a contract is nearly up for renewal too? I see it being very handy if that is the case, if you only have a month or two left and they need 30 days notice just hit the button and it should all be fairly automatic.
Possibly, there is one thing I am kinda worried about and so will have to look into further.

From the networks end when you press that button, they have the option to deny you or unlink your there and then.
Now the issue with the second option, is unlinking for networks is not something that should be done without unclaiming all the channels videos first (or else they'd still make them money off of them if the channel went to another network), traditionally the network would have bulk unclaimed all this channel's videos and the pressed unlink via the cms.
The worrying thing about this button, is will networks be releasing channels without unclaiming their videos because I doubt the button/system does it automatically.

wajinshu

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So the instant monetization is removed for affiliate partners with this update? or it will be next to this update? already seen the unlink button on my channel.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Only if RPM lets them, which they likely won't if in a contract.[DOUBLEPOST=1386078258,1386078034][/DOUBLEPOST]
Possibly, there is one thing I am kinda worried about and so will have to look into further.

From the networks end when you press that button, they have the option to deny you or unlink your there and then.
Now the issue with the second option, is unlinking for networks is not something that should be done without unclaiming all the channels videos first (or else they'd still make them money off of them if the channel went to another network), traditionally the network would have bulk unclaimed all this channel's videos and the pressed unlink via the cms.
The worrying thing about this button, is will networks be releasing channels without unclaiming their videos because I doubt the button/system does it automatically.
Well if thats the case hopefully it will be all done as you unlink it for them with one click, you might have to do the same as you normally do with unclaiming and then click the unlink. Surely YT will make this efficient for both the partners and the network.

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So the instant monetization is removed for affiliate partners with this update? or it will be next to this update? already seen the unlink button on my channel.
Yes, instant monetization is now gone for affiliates.
Even if your network bulk claims you videos it will just bulk send them off to YouTube to be reviewed.

wajinshu

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes, instant monetization is now gone for affiliates.
Even if your network bulk claims you videos it will just bulk send them off to YouTube to be reviewed.
Hmm I tried to upload a video but it monetized immediately.. maybe the update is not yet implemented on our network... but the unlink button is there

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the update. I see that I have to click on a drop-down menu on the far right.
Then this appears:

Attachments