A way to gain more views? :)

It depends. For a new channel it could be a while. For a channel that's established it normally happens within a few days regardless of views.

Sharing your channel is promotion. Promotion equals lower audience retention. Sharing it here is no different than "promoting" it on Reddit, Facebook, or any other site.
For a channel(s) with as many views/day as you say you get, even on your new videos, the number of people visiting from a site like this would be much less significant than the number of daily views you get that abandon during the first minute, for whatever reason.

Now, if you want to tell me you're concerned about haters trying to sabotage your sitethat would make more sense.

One more thing. In another thread there was a guy who said he posts a shorter clip of one of his videos somewhere along with a link for people to follow if they like that clip and want to see more. You conceded that that type of promotion would likely not result in lower retention that would hurt his channel. So, in that particular case, what you're saying is that careful promotion done a certain way can help your channel, or at the very least, not hurt it. No?

Now, if you want to tell me you're concerned about haters trying to sabotage your sitethat would make more sense.
That goes without saying. Especially as for whatever reason there are certain people that just seem to hate on people that say not to promote. No names mentioned:)

As far as careful promotion goes. If you can find a way to promote that doesn't drop your audience retention I'm 100% all for it. I'd even go a step further and say if you find a way to do it you've basically cracked a secret code that would allow you to launch multiple channels with a guaranteed path to success. I'm always open to testing new promotion methods. I'm yet to find one that has a higher audience retention than YouTube suggested. PM me if you've got one though:)

Hey there! I am CaleoGaming. I am a fairly new youtuber who currently has 300.000+ views and almost 2000 subs. Most of my views comes from my Terraria guides and whenever I upload a let's play i get a persistency of 50-100 views per video. Is there a way to gain more views? I upload daily and I wish to expand my audience. I always take time to edit my videos and make sure they are in full HD and most importantly; I am just being myself when I play. Sillyness and randomness. I am dedicated and I work hard on my channel, and I am willing to work even harder to make it grow. So do you guys have any tips? :)

Here is the best ways to promote your channel to get more views, subscribers and to grow your Youtube channel is:

- Share/promote your videos/channel on social networks(Facebook/Twitter/Younow) and forums like yttalk.com
I have found DM(direct message) people on Twitter telling them to check out your Youtube or new video it is the BEST WAY to get views/subscribers especailly when you are small Youtuber or just starting out on Youtube, it is working out very good for me so far, now i am getting a lot more videos views and subscribers than ever before.

1st you have to set up a Auto DM(or multiple DM's) on a site like Crowdfireapp.com each time you get a new follower on Twitter they will get your auto DM saying thanks for following and telling them to check out your Youtube channel or video.

But you have to follow(a least over +200/1.000 people at a time) lots of people(followers of Small/Big Youtubers and people who likes Youtube) to get lots of followers after you set up a auto DM on Crowdfireapp.com in order for it work and to get lots more video views and subscribers to your Youtube channel!

But once you hit the follow limit(unable to follow some more people), you have to unfollow the people who are not following you back and then you can follow lots more people again that's what i do instead of just waiting for the follow limit to end so you can some more follow people again.

Keep in mind you are going get lots of follow limits on Twitter but the best way is to unfollow people and then you can follow lots more people on Twitter again, It is so worth it.

And you can unfollow people on Twitter by using a site like Tweepi.com(The best one to unfollow and follow lots of people), and other sites like Crowdfireapp.com, Manageflitter.com.

After nearly a year doing this since i started doing DM people telling them to check out my Youtube(or video in another DM) on Twitter I have a lot more video views now nearly a year ago and i was getting only 1/2 MAX subs per month and was not getting any video views for a very long time, i use to have only about 26/28 subscribers nearly a year ago and now i have about 2.6K subscribers on Youtube and most of them are active subs and i am getting comments on my Youtube videos, and i just love interacting with my viewers/subscribers which is great and i checked on Youtube analytics in the last month(30 days) i have gained over 350 subscribers.

My Youtube channel is growing a lot more now than nearly a year ago i am getting credit for my videos now which it is great!

And it is NOTHING like Sub4sub because if you do Sub4sub all you get is dead/fake Subscribers and is complete garbage.

OTHER GOOD WAYS:

- Reply to your comments on your videos and post good and nice comments on other Youtubers videos and make friends and collab with other Youtubers.

- Have a good/eye catching looking banner on your Youtube channel and create good custom video thumbnails on your videos because it attracts viewers and potential subscribers and keep posting good quality content on your videos.

- And try to be consistent with your videos every week as it is not good uploading videos for a couple weeks and then after no new videos for a couple months because it puts off potential subscribers.

That all i have at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Here is the best ways to promote your channel to get more views, subscribers and to grow your Youtube channel is:

- Share/promote your videos/channel on social networks(Facebook/Twitter/Younow) and forums like yttalk.com
I have found DM(direct message) people on Twitter telling them to check out your Youtube or new video it is the BEST WAY to get views/subscribers especailly when you are small Youtuber or just starting out on Youtube, it is working out very good for me so far, now i am getting a lot more videos views and subscribers than ever before.

1st you have to set up a Auto DM(or multiple DM's) on a site like Crowdfireapp.com each time you get a new follower on Twitter they will get your auto DM saying thanks for following and telling them to check out your Youtube channel or video.

But you have to follow(a least over +200/1.000 people at a time) lots of people(followers of Small/Big Youtubers and people who likes Youtube) to get lots of followers after you set up a auto DM on Crowdfireapp.com in order for it work and to get lots more video views and subscribers to your Youtube channel!

But once you hit the follow limit(unable to follow some more people), you have to unfollow the people who are not following you back and then you can follow lots more people again that's what i do instead of just waiting for the follow limit to end so you can some more follow people again.

Keep in mind you are going get lots of follow limits on Twitter but the best way is to unfollow people and then you can follow lots more people on Twitter again, It is so worth it.

And you can unfollow people on Twitter by using a site like Tweepi.com(The best one to unfollow and follow lots of people), and other sites like Crowdfireapp.com, Manageflitter.com.

After nearly a year doing this since i started doing DM people telling them to check out my Youtube(or video in another DM) on Twitter I have a lot more video views now nearly a year ago and i was getting only 1/2 MAX subs per month and was not getting any video views for a very long time, i use to have only about 26/28 subscribers nearly a year ago and now i have about 2.6K subscribers on Youtube and most of them are active subs and i am getting comments on my Youtube videos, and i just love interacting with my viewers/subscribers which is great and i checked on Youtube analytics in the last month(30 days) i have gained over 350 subscribers.

My Youtube channel is growing a lot more now than nearly a year ago i am getting credit for my videos now which it is great!

And it is NOTHING like Sub4sub because if you do Sub4sub all you get is dead/fake Subscribers and is complete garbage.

I'm also going to add on that if you want to do this, be sure to INTERACT with your followers, even try going back to some of them and talking with them. You'll make great friends this way. Not doing so is pretty much what spamming is.

You also MUST POST good, quality content. It doesn't matter how many followers on Twitter you have, if your channel doesn't have good content, chances are you're not going to make it to 1,000 subs no matter how many people you get through Crowdfire. I've seen someone who had 4,000 followers on Twitter using your marketing strategy you mentioned have a Youtube channel of only 120 subscribers.

I'm also going to add on that if you want to do this, be sure to INTERACT with your followers, even try going back to some of them and talking with them. You'll make great friends this way. Not doing so is pretty much what spamming is.

You also MUST POST good, quality content. It doesn't matter how many followers on Twitter you have, if your channel doesn't have good content, chances are you're not going to make it to 1,000 subs no matter how many people you get through Crowdfire. I've seen someone who had 4,000 followers on Twitter using your marketing strategy you mentioned have a Youtube channel of only 120 subscribers.

Yeah I don't really talk to my followers but sure when they reply to my DM like "sure", "subscribed, I really liked watching your videos, keep up the good work". then I reply to them saying thanks but set it.

And yes I completely agree with you on the last part if you are doing marketing strategy that I'm doing and lots lots of Youtubers are doing on Twitter you are NOT a going to get subscribers if your videos are poor quality and boring!

I upload good quality videos on YouTube, I try to make my videos the best I can and I put lots of effort, time in to my videos and in a result of that I have 2.6K subscribers on Youtube and but it mainly because of me following lots lots lots of people on Twitter and Direct message them to check out my channel or new video and getting lots of views and people to watch my videos and growing my YouTube channel all that stuff.

But if I did not do this promoting(Following lots of people and DM them to check out my channel or new video on Twitter) and ONLY shared my channel, new video on Facebook, Twitter news feed i bet I would have only about 35/40 subscribers and not have that much people watching my videos on YouTube!!

Last edited:
Have the non-promoters tried to narrow down their marketing targets before switching to not promoting at all? I would be interested if not promoting is just better than bad promotion but not better than good promotion.

OTHER GOOD WAYS:

- Reply to your comments on your videos and post good and nice comments on other Youtubers videos and make friends and collab with other Youtubers.

- Have a good/eye catching looking banner on your Youtube channel and create good custom video thumbnails on your videos because it attracts viewers and potential subscribers and keep posting good quality content on your videos.

- And try to be consistent with your videos every week as it is not good uploading videos for a couple weeks and then after no new videos for a couple months because it puts off potential subscribers.

That all i have at the moment.

Hope this helps.

I already do all of that. :) Except for the twitter, I don't just go an follow random people and I sure as hell wouldn't self promote since I think that is bad.

Back