• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

20 subs...and I told people about my channel. finally.

Did you tell people about your Youtube channel when you first started?

• Yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done for spreading the word! We are in the exact same boat - we just cannot bring ourselves to tell friends and family...

Well done for spreading the word! We are in the exact same boat - we just cannot bring ourselves to tell friends and family...

Take your time getting to that decision, but I can personally say, as someone who's on the other side of that decision, it's a very liberating feeling. I watched your latest video and it's great, and you're almost at 100 subscribers. Your friends and family can get you there in a few days.

Good luck :)

So I've had my channel for a year and a half now. In that year and a half I've posted 9 videos. Am I surprised it never grew? No haha.

But this month, I decided, for my tenth video, I'll start fresh, privatize all my previous videos, and I'll actually TELL my friends and family about my youtube channel.

I was sh*tting bricks, to say the least, when I shared my video to them. But turns out, they were all really supportive, and now I feel like an idiot for not doing that in the first place.

I just wanted to share that here, just in case anyone else is in the same position I was in. Not only was it a milestone for me that I got 25 subs, but I also overcame my fear of putting myself out there and showing my work to those I feel like matter the most in my life, which is another milestone.

And now I've never felt more motivated to reach out to others and share my work, be consistent in my work, and to support other dreamers out there who may be struggling with the same fear as me.

If that's you, feel free to chat with me. If not, well then, thanks for reading this haha.
when i started youtube I told my family and freinds but i was still nervous because i wouldnt know how they would act when they saw my content but in the end it worked out for me because everyone was so supportive

when i started youtube I told my family and freinds but i was still nervous because i wouldnt know how they would act when they saw my content but in the end it worked out for me because everyone was so supportive

Yeah it's intimidating in the beginning, but once you've done it, it feels awesome to have support :)

I'm pretty embarrassed about telling the people that I know in person, but will share about it on forums such as this one. I'd love to become friends with you, follow me on IG? lauren_thompsonnnn

I was pretty open about my YouTube aspirations and plans; I never really saw anything embarrassing about putting content out there into the world if it was something you enjoyed doing. But I understand that everyone's beginnings and support networks are different, so if it's something you were nervous about for so long, coming forward now is an incredible achievement!

Congratulations on every little bit of success you've had so far with your channel, no matter how many or how few there have been. Every success story starts somewhere!

that's dope dude I'm barely starting to tell people about my channel as well lol. I hate that if i tell them in person they start watching my videos in front of me lol

that's dope dude I'm barely starting to tell people about my channel as well lol. I hate that if i tell them in person they start watching my videos in front of me lol

Yeah, it's pretty intimidating when someone starts watching my videos right then and there 0_0
Good luck with telling more people! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1494125624,1494125592][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was pretty open about my YouTube aspirations and plans; I never really saw anything embarrassing about putting content out there into the world if it was something you enjoyed doing. But I understand that everyone's beginnings and support networks are different, so if it's something you were nervous about for so long, coming forward now is an incredible achievement!

Congratulations on every little bit of success you've had so far with your channel, no matter how many or how few there have been. Every success story starts somewhere!

Thank you! I wish I was as brave and confident as you were when I first started. :)

Back