YouTubers with Mental Illnesses, How do you do it?!

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Isn't every YouTuber messed up in the head ??
Don't stress yourself. Schedules don't matter, your video doesn't have a "shelf life" so to speak, it can do nothing for 2 months and then be promoted this week, or the next, and gain decent popularity then. Give it some time, and don't be addicted to growth number checking (views, subs etc).

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Isn't every YouTuber messed up in the head ??
Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone, in general, has some sort of mental illness, and us YouTubers seem to have the most XD. If your looking for ways to combat mental illness, then for me I :
  1. Instead of cutting, biting your hand (not puncturing though) can be a great alternative until you get over the addiction.
  2. Constantly listening to music can really distract you from thinking too much, which for me can be torture.
  3. If you feel like you are getting really bored of editing, take a break and chill out for a bit, after you get back you will be much more efficient anyway, so don't feel bad about it.

Reactions: MindfulInquirer

Nichellaverse

Reaction score
It sounds like you are overthinking, which is a creativity killer most times. Just get comfy, turn the camera on and talk or draw or etc. Even if you don't publish it, it could get you back into the groove of "getting in gear" and before you know it the video is done and up and liked and parades happen (I'm sure):)

CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make a plan the next day and give yourself a word - to fulfill it so that it does not become.

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
Some of the things that I do;
  1. You have to think of a video Idea -- something from the news, personal experience, something you find funny
  2. Write down key topics of conversation -- this differs per video genre
    • Comedy - Write down the key sections (one's you feel you can make jokes about) then write down the mini points that you can build around
    • Informative - Write down the key talking points so you know what you are going to talk about
    • .....etc you get the gist
  3. I always film each section seperately so I can check the auido and visual after I have filmed if to check for any noises.. bad jokes.. bad lines so I can film it again.. this gives you an opportuntity to progressively see how well the video is going rather than worrying about it at the end once you have filmed it all.
  4. if you have a chance of making multiple videos on this topic don't waste all the good bits in one go.. for example, dumbest tweet videos.. you can end up using all the funny tweets in one video then have nothing for a follow up
Those are just a few things you can do to breakdown each video and manage it a little better

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone, in general, has some sort of mental illness, and us YouTubers seem to have the most XD. If your looking for ways to combat mental illness, then for me I :
  1. Instead of cutting, biting your hand (not puncturing though) can be a great alternative until you get over the addiction.
  2. Constantly listening to music can really distract you from thinking too much, which for me can be torture.
  3. If you feel like you are getting really bored of editing, take a break and chill out for a bit, after you get back you will be much more efficient anyway, so don't feel bad about it.
Right yeah. Socrates said something to the effect of the more you're dependant on something, the least happy you are. YouTube shouldn't be like an extra worry, and extra constraint or pain in your life. It should be positive. It's okay if you've tried your little YT project and it didn't work out, along the way you've at least learned something. If it works, that only feeds into the positivity.

Reactions: Fost

mastermark19

Reaction score
I ran a vlogging channel, wasn't really popular. Putting myself out there wasn't a big hurdle in the beginning. Clearly had anxieties towards the end. I have Schizoaffective, so my video creation has always been sporadic and I couldn't keep myself driven. I am starting a new channel, hoping to get somewhere since I'm doing better these days.

CreativeOven

Reaction score
You should advance at all costs anyways, a sick tree can give fruits to.
Also you can enjoy your time even if you sick, but you should fight to get better every little detail counts

Last edited: