Youtube is lying about "Not suitable for most advertisers

After seeing this and the whole "youtube doesn't monetize tragedies" (while monetizing Jimmy Kimmels video on the Vegas shooting) I genuinely think Youtube is just a complete mess that's trying to be like mainstream media (mostly TV) but is completely failing at that since a lot of the creators on the site aren't PG.

I asked my son to try to find this information, which supposedly came from Reddit, and he couldn't find the original source of information.

That being said, I wouldn't doubt that there is some validity. YouTube should implement varying degrees of monetization so creators know exactly what is going on.

"I am an advertiser and I heard about the crisis on youtube on this topic. Our company was forced to deny gaming/unboxing/news/vlogging/travel channels 2 days ago by big companies like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Marks & Spencer, Procter & Gamble, etc... They say they made a study and the viewers on these channels bring the lowest income for their brand (so statistically speaking, people who travel don't drink Coca-Cola...how dumb is that?) Anyway, in case YouTube does not tell you anything about the reasons, it's not politics or any other conspiracy, it's the big advertisers who pinned YouTube to the wall, demanding stupid things."

It's from reddit
are u sure???

f**k this, many of my videos have been flagged with this although they didn't breach anything before this policy.

Even my latest video (no swear words at all, about some Steam scam) faced the same fate.

No wonder being a YTer is much more difficult now.

Back