Youtube is lying about "Not suitable for most advertisers

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
"I am an advertiser and I heard about the crisis on youtube on this topic. Our company was forced to deny gaming/unboxing/news/vlogging/travel channels 2 days ago by big companies like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Marks & Spencer, Procter & Gamble, etc... They say they made a study and the viewers on these channels bring the lowest income for their brand (so statistically speaking, people who travel don't drink Coca-Cola...how dumb is that?) Anyway, in case YouTube does not tell you anything about the reasons, it's not politics or any other conspiracy, it's the big advertisers who pinned YouTube to the wall, demanding stupid things."

It's from reddit

Reactions: Gimle and markkaz

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
See this kinda s**t i can believe
Because it makes sense
Surely this will return to normal tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Anyway, in case YouTube does not tell you anything about the reasons, it's not politics or any other conspiracy, it's the big advertisers who pinned YouTube to the wall, demanding stupid things."
I'd like to put this in perspective a bit. Youtube is a platform for uploading videos. This in itself does not make them money, since making an account and uploading is free. So the only revenue they are making is coming from advertisers who pay them to display their ads. This gives advertisers an position of immense power. Youtube can't afford to lose big advertisers such as Coca-Cola, since this could literally ruin them.

So yes, Youtube has to please their advertisers and in turn, the users of Youtubes platform will be influences by the decisions of big advertisers. That's just how the world (or at least economics) works.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
So now imagine Amazon launch a video plateform and sells directly their products with videos. How Youtube can compete? Youtube depends on advertisers but the ad revenue is lower each year.... So if someone upload many videos on your plateform with no ads on it, it's a loss of money.

Reactions: Gimle

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube doesnt actually need those advertisers as of right now...
The only money they are spending for the good of YouTube is towards the servers holding the data of all these videos
And it wouldnt surprise me that 90% of the money they earn goes straight into their pockets
Youtube Only cares about the Big channels that are running the show for content creating
The rest not so much
And its not a ohh poor me I have no subs and nothing so I must cry about it
No
Its substantially harder to grow on youtube now compared to 5-7 years ago
When I first started on my very first channel[DOUBLEPOST=1507986603,1507986511][/DOUBLEPOST]
So now imagine Amazon launch a video plateform and sells directly their products with videos. How Youtube can compete? Youtube depends on advertisers but the ad revenue is lower each year.... So if someone upload many videos on your plateform with no ads on it, it's a loss of money.
Exactly that
If Twitch becomes bigger and bigger
Youtube is going too lose a lot of business and they will focus on content creators more than advertisers

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Creators can make money without youtube with fans or direct advertising with brands. Youtube is just an intermediary. If creators find other solutions to make money without youtube ads, youtube is going to lose money.

Reactions: FRANKIEandEMILY

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
YouTube doesnt actually need those advertisers as of right now...
The only money they are spending for the good of YouTube is towards the servers holding the data of all these videos
And it wouldnt surprise me that 90% of the money they earn goes straight into their pockets.
I'm sorry, but where are you basing this on? Youtube doesn't just "hold data". Youtube has offices, employees, Youtube spaces. They hold events, do promotion, etc etc. Saying they are just pocketing 90% of their revenue is absolute nonsense.

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but where are you basing this on? Youtube doesn't just "hold data". Youtube has offices, employees, Youtube spaces. They hold events, do promotion, etc etc. Saying they are just pocketing 90% of their revenue is absolute nonsense.

They have less employees than Dailymotion or Vimeo. They use robots....

Reactions: TGP-ROB

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

I did say that I wouldn't be SURPRISED that they pocket 90%
Which is probably a rough estimate
Realistically they are pocketing 60-89% of the revenue

The other 11 percent goes towards maintenance
Data Storage for the server banks and videos clearly...
And YouTube has offices for marketing ideas and for potential promos which btw
on those Promos, maybe a good 10,000 dollars gets spent on them over the millions that they make a month maybe a week or a day.
The only reason why they hold Promos is to make it appear that they care about content creators and they do
But once again
Only the big shots like pewdiepie, markiplier, ali-a, etc

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hmm. Yeah, that sounds about right.
Even if the post is faked, I feel like there is some truth hidden in that.

Reactions: TGP-ROB