YouTube Heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Who the hell is in charge of youtube's maintenance? In case you guys didn't know, there's a new feature which allows people to MASS FLAG videos, which in their terms "Become a Hero". -_-

I feel like this is gunna be a huge threat to a lot of channels, and I dunno where they're trying to go with this. What are your thoughts?

dreambridgelists

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
With youtube being run mostly by an automated system its a scary situation, anyone it seems can become a hero so get ready for this to go horribly wrong.

Reactions: Arachnophobik

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Liked the translation idea but "rewards" for deleting negativity on YouTube is just s**t

and obviously the mass flag idea is equally f*****g stupid

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
With youtube being run mostly by an automated system its a scary situation, anyone it seems can become a hero so get ready for this to go horribly wrong.
IKR! It pretty much encourages trolls to flag on videos. It's a huge threat to channels with dark/satire humor like mine, Idubbbz, Filthyfrank, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1474613370,1474613263][/DOUBLEPOST]
Liked the translation idea but "rewards" for deleting negativity on YouTube is just s**t

and obviously the mass flag idea is equally f*****g stupid
I know! It basically encourages troll flagging!

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
IKR! It pretty much encourages trolls to flag on videos. It's a huge threat to channels with dark/satire humor like mine, Idubbbz, Filthyfrank, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1474613370,1474613263][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know! It basically encourages troll flagging!
in their defense it's just flagging.

Which anyone can do right now but with this tool it just seems like you don't even have to watch the videos.

Who knows, maybe it won't be that bad idk

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
The fact Youtube disabled comments on the video and the insane amount of dislikes doesn't make me think well about it.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
how is getting the tools to mass flag a reward?
if i was doing this I would want something like a little icon next to my username, or access to coloured comment text, or just anything that would make my youtube experience better and more fun. why would I be excited about mass flagging?
ONLY trolls would want that, literally noone else.

plus creators should have 1-1 contact with youtube staff, there already isn't enough of the staff to go around, now that every random person that does this will be able to flood their inboxes, there will be even less of the staff's time dedicated to actual channels.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I can easily imagine people organizing themselves to mass-mass report channels that according to them spread "wrong" messages to get rid of them

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There´s an opinion from major you tubers that the trolls are going to use it to mess with people, and I would be scared to give that kind of power to someone.
people are misusing the false flagging system as it is, and giving them more power will not end well!

Status
Not open for further replies.