Hot Topic ** YOUTUBE HEROES (all discussion goes here only) **

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Apparently youtube can update their videos and keep the url and views and everything, but we can't.
To be fair, there's a reason it's not that easy for us. Someone could easily switch out a video that had a certain amount of views, likes, etc... and boost videos that would otherwise have gotten lower rankings. You could basically just pick a video that had the most views and keep switching it out with something else. It would be nice for situations where you needed to "repair" a video or remove something from it or remove something that was claimed without having to reupload a video cause of audio issues etc... but as we can evidently see, a feature like that makes it too easy to game the system :p

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this program will make users ambush the system of Youtube

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
is it a joke?

I can remove any videos with just a false copyright flag. They don't review flags.[DOUBLEPOST=1474882019,1474881562][/DOUBLEPOST]

You don't know how youtube works.
Each year big Youtubers are in trouble with youtube system. Some youtube channels were shut down like HowToBasic in 2014, Philip DeFranco, AngryJoShow in 2015, etc
I beg to differ. A channel does not "automatically" get shut down. That is a manual action.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I unfortunately am sticking with YouTube because the network I'm with allows cover song monetizing.
I know your network, my man and good luck; but I smelled YouTube about to go off-course again, and made the timely move of disconnecting from my own network. I'll stick around as long as feasible; but I never put all my eggs into one basket.

@XXLRay I sure hope you are right my friend; but this move looks way too abuseable, as does the recent changes to the security options that can have YouTube locking someone out of their account simply because they cleared their cookies recently. This move usually starts with a screen which reads at the top, something like the following:

Prove You are You.

"There is something unusual about the way you are trying to log in."

Several options are then given, including one which never seems to work for me: "Enter the name of the city you usually log in from." When you are a multi-account and multi-channel owner some of whose channels go back to before you could have multiple channels on a single account, this can become a true hassle; requiring the literal verification of multiple accounts in a single day.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is youtube trying to censor out certain types of content I think. Why else would you employee keyboard warriors and not pay them? It's a dangerous and worrying concept if you ask me. Unless there was a penalty system in place that meant fake or wrong flags would mean they lost points. It's open to abuse for those that produce controversial content. Or trolls that just dislike a YouTuber

ItsMeJasonP

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Please don't hate onto my opinion, but I love the idea of youtube heroes. Don't get me wrong. It is perfect for the individuals who understand what needs to be flagged but, people will use it the wrong way. But if you are one of those people who are addicted to youtube, you do get to see some videos that shouldn't get any reward for it at all. But, I some things can be worked on are youtubers getting the right to be aware that a video is getting taken down or unmonetized due to detailed reasons, not just without notice. Another idea is ways to edit the video before a 'second warning' is taken place. I'm not sure. Thoughts?

This kinda stuff might get people fired up. Sorry in advance.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Please don't hate onto my opinion, but I love the idea of youtube heroes. Don't get me wrong. It is perfect for the individuals who understand what needs to be flagged but, people will use it the wrong way. But if you are one of those people who are addicted to youtube, you do get to see some videos that shouldn't get any reward for it at all. But, I some things can be worked on are youtubers getting the right to be aware that a video is getting taken down or unmonetized due to detailed reasons, not just without notice. Another idea is ways to edit the video before a 'second warning' is taken place. I'm not sure. Thoughts?

This kinda stuff might get people fired up. Sorry in advance.
I thought of making a humorous song about This. Have some of the lyrics written

Reactions: ItsMeJasonP

morelikecappuccino

Be Kind: Please Rewind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
but, people will use it the wrong way.
Should such a system exist? Trust humans not to be human?

Like giving the world a free credit card that should only be used to pay essential bills
LoL just think how long that would last before everybody is driving a 2019 concept ferrari around town as their daily?

Reactions: ItsMeJasonP