Hot Topic ** YOUTUBE HEROES (all discussion goes here only) **

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Anyone hear how YouTube is rolling out the ability for YouTubers to moderate videos, comments etc? Anyone can be a YouTube hero. Flag multiple videos at Once.

(Edited by staff to include link to video )

Last edited by a moderator:

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
I've heard it mentioned but I didn't actually know that's what it was. It sounds like it could be a good idea but also could be easily abused, hopefully they have a way to contain it

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Where do you find out about these things? I never usually find out YouTube are doing an update until it happens

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Just watched Philips video on the topic. Completely ridiculous.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You are currently already able to flag videos and users if you have an account. Give us some more specific information. I haven't heard anything about any sort of super user abilities or whatever.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You are currently already able to flag videos and users if you have an account. Give us some more specific information. I haven't heard anything about any sort of super user abilities or whatever.
It's a new thing. Go to youtubes help channel. You will see a new video for YouTube Heroes.

It will allow people on YouTube to earn points and rewards for reporting comments, flag multiple videos at once. Anyone can signup and be a YouTube hero. YouTube even has a support section about it. You get to earn levels to get new admin style features.

If you contribute more, flag more, report more you gain another level. It was launched as part of the new community service.

Reactions: Tabbes
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Sounds strangely similar to living in a communist, surveillance society. :p Weird stuff. I hope it doesn't become abused.

PhoenixAnimus

The king of the fire birds
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had no idea this was rolling out but like someone else said, while it's a brilliant thing it could probably be easily abused.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
It will be abused and if it isn't, I will be extremely surprised. The current flagging system is already abused enough as it is. The other features sound good though. I think they should keep everything BUT the flagging features.

Reactions: Conso1727