YouTube hates me!

Are you exporting the video as a H264 file - YouTube tends to prefer that format from my experience.

If you check out the video that he linked, and see where the bug happens, it's just not something you can blame YouTube for. The video segment where the "bug" happens is fine, only the text in the video disappears faster than it should. That's just not something YouTube can do. Hell, it's not something any random code can do. To match video quality, texture, and leave no removal traces would even be hard for an FX artist to do - probably a 30-60 minute job for a person.

If you check out the video that he linked, and see where the bug happens, it's just not something you can blame YouTube for. The video segment where the "bug" happens is fine, only the text in the video disappears faster than it should. That's just not something YouTube can do. Hell, it's not something any random code can do. To match video quality, texture, and leave no removal traces would even be hard for an FX artist to do - probably a 30-60 minute job for a person.

I understand that, which is why I stated its not a YouTube issue earlier in the thread. I'm just wondering what export settings the OP is using from his editor, as it must be something happening while exporting from the editor and before uploading to youtube.

This is the same exact way for me too! Well my brothers vids. He does edits and then youtube is just like "derp no lets make that shorter and move that picture to the other side"

What's software do you use for editing. I've noticed this in some of my earlier videos. What's the settings you are rendering your project for?

Size? Format? Audio codec? Bit rate?

Just curious not sure if ill be much help but the more info you can give us we might be able to figure it out.

I understand that, which is why I stated its not a YouTube issue earlier in the thread. I'm just wondering what export settings the OP is using from his editor, as it must be something happening while exporting from the editor and before uploading to youtube.

Ah, my bad then. I thought you meant that a certain codec would bug on YouTube, making YouTube do the edits. Sorry about the misunderstanding!

Nah thats cool - Im just wondering if the codec the editing app being used is playing up.

What I'm confused about, is that he claims that the video plays out correctly on his harddrive. When he said this, I naturally assumed he meant the rendered file, not in the program (what would be the point of checking it in the program, before checking the rendered file??).

The codec also shouldn't have anything to do with a hickup like this. With that said, if it's fine in the program, but effed up in the final rendered file, obviously something is going wrong during the render, but I just don't see how a codec could make this sort of thing happen. I think it's more likely its a random software bug, than a random codec bug. But hey, it's pretty much impossible to say, with the information we have.

I would just recommend to check your final renders, before uploading them, especially if you're not very hardcore at it yet.

Back