Youtube Doesn't Care About Smaller Channels

I guess it is true they focus on the larger channels but then again when the large channels were starting out they probably thought the same thing and with alot of work, now theyre at the top. You just got to help yourself really

These are the channels recommended to me:
Notice how a lot of them have less than 5k subs. One even has less than 300.
They recommend channels similar to the ones you watch, they don't only recommend ones that are huge and will make YouTube the most money.
recommended_zpsa86d9b42.png

But Hardisk is hitting the nail on the head every time. People are going to use this as an excuse they aren't getting views/subscribers.

Also, with the last layout change, they got rid of the little banner at the top of your video page. You know the one next to the subscribe button? Now everyone's video page is the same.
The new layout, there are no flash backgrounds. Just a simple banner, with simple links, and the page is full of the YouTubers videos...I don't see this change as YouTube trying to weed out the little guys, I see these changes as YouTube evening the playing fields. The channels now have a simple banner with your name on it. Everyone's channel look the same, all that matters is the videos. Which is the way it should be.

Can I ask, the 'Recipe for Success on YouTube'. Networking, quality content, consistent uploading, etc etc. Will any of that change with the updated layout? Think about it.

Like TV, you watch a channel because of the shows on it, not because of how awesome the channels logo looks.

These are the channels recommended to me:
Notice how a lot of them have less than 5k subs. One even has less than 300.
They recommend channels similar to the ones you watch, they don't only recommend ones that are huge and will make YouTube the most money.
recommended_zpsa86d9b42.png

But Hardisk is hitting the nail on the head every time. People are going to use this as an excuse they aren't getting views/subscribers.

Also, with the last layout change, they got rid of the little banner at the top of your video page. You know the one next to the subscribe button? Now everyone's video page is the same.
The new layout, there are no flash backgrounds. Just a simple banner, with simple links, and the page is full of the YouTubers videos...I don't see this change as YouTube trying to weed out the little guys, I see these changes as YouTube evening the playing fields. The channels now have a simple banner with your name on it. Everyone's channel look the same, all that matters is the videos. Which is the way it should be.

Can I ask, the 'Recipe for Success on YouTube'. Networking, quality content, consistent uploading, etc etc. Will any of that change with the updated layout? Think about it.

Like TV, you watch a channel because of the shows on it, not because of how awesome the channels logo looks.

"But then how do I find a scapegoat about the fact that my channel is failing because i'm a terrible entertainer? Surely its YouTube faults ! /pitchfork"

The only reason its getting harder for smaller channels to get noticed is because so many more people are doing it than they were a few years ago. I don't think them advertising big channels more makes it harder for smaller youtubers to get noticed as they're not replacing adverts for smaller channels they are just adding new adverts for bigger channels. I dont really expect youtube to advertise small channels as they cannot really check all the small channels for appropriate and copyrighted content that they would not want to advertise. If they advertised small channels they would not make any money from adsense and well, youtube is a business.

Change for changes sake however does annoy me and I dont really see any advantages of the new channel layout.

Unfortunately we just have to adapt :(

Indeed, i guess we all have to adjust to the new changes, just like everyone had to do last time YouTube reorganised their layout. Even though last time was better then this change. They're removing the whole feeling of havng your own channel, your hub of content that you share with the rest of the youtube community, and just make it colorless and concrete.

Indeed, i guess we all have to adjust to the new changes, just like everyone had to do last time YouTube reorganised their layout. Even though last time was better then this change. They're removing the whole feeling of havng your own channel, your hub of content that you share with the rest of the youtube community, and just make it colorless and concrete.

But don't you think these changes are becoming a little too frequent..... that's a lot of adjusting to do :/
i'm surprised that tonnes of people havent just thrown this issue at youtube

Back