Youtube 'Broken' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizahr

Loving YTtalk
I follow Ray William Johnson on twitter and he sent out a tweet about three days ago that sent me to an article that states some users are having issues with the view count. Its too long to explain on here and its not letting me post the link so if you want to read the article just google:
"DESTORM POWER: CAN I COUNT ON YOUTUBE? [OP-ED]"

its the first link that pops up. Just curious, has anyone ever experienced anything similar to what is stated in this article?

Youtube systems are updating rather slowly it has been this way for a while now sadly it's apart of youtube's glitches of 2013 and i notice see the lifetime view counter updates every 1-2 days:(

idk what you talking about and too lazy to google that, but i think the person up there ^^^ is right.

Youtube systems are updating rather slowly it has been this way for a while now sadly it's apart of youtube's glitches of 2013 and i notice see the lifetime view counter updates every 1-2 days:(
I feel bad for the guy in the article, Destorm. He is losing a lot of money because youtube isn't registering all of his views.[DOUBLEPOST=1366780483,1366780087][/DOUBLEPOST]
idk what you talking about and too lazy to google that, but i think the person up there ^^^ is right.
well the point of the article is that Youtube has some glitches which cause some, or in this case, a lot of views to be left out and unregistered. Destorm, the guy in the article says "Before the big change (current layout), my channel averaged 8-10 million views monthly. After the change, 3 million — a huge drop!" He is losing money and wants youtube to fix this 'glitch' that has been affecting not only him, but others as well.

I follow Ray William Johnson on twitter and he sent out a tweet about three days ago that sent me to an article that states some users are having issues with the view count. Its too long to explain on here and its not letting me post the link so if you want to read the article just google:
"DESTORM POWER: CAN I COUNT ON YOUTUBE? [OP-ED]"[/size]

its the first link that pops up. Just curious, has anyone ever experienced anything similar to what is stated in this article?

I already posted a link to that ... http://yttalk.com/threads/destorms-op-ed-can-i-count-on-youtube.56088/

I've heard about this before, and have a friend who seems to be at least mildly effected by it so this is nothing new. I wish he had been able to go into more detail on it... Such as show the drop right at February 1st 2012 (Socialblade doesn't go back that far).

There are other ways of trying to measure it, such as with similarly sized channels, ask them at the end of a video that is the same length for all people to fill out a simple survey about their viewing habits for example. What you can compare is the number of responses based on channel size and reported YT views.

Also didn't see link was already posted, ah well. Now in bold as well.

I read the article recently and thought that it was very well written. The documentation was excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back