Destorm's Op-Ed "Can I Count on YouTube?"

An interesting read indeed! It makes you wonder if trying to set up a career through Youtube is a safe bet... I think this article, and the general fact that the business of online video is still young, reminds us that this business is very much luck-based and it will take some time before it becomes a sound and solid career choice. Then again, all new grounds must be broken in and all new fields of entertainment need a couple of entrepreneurs to get it started!

An interesting read indeed! It makes you wonder if trying to set up a career through Youtube is a safe bet... I think this article, and the general fact that the business of online video is still young, reminds us that this business is very much luck-based and it will take some time before it becomes a sound and solid career choice. Then again, all new grounds must be broken in and all new fields of entertainment need a couple of entrepreneurs to get it started!
Honestly I don't think any career path right now is a safe bet. Something can always happen to derail things. Probably why I've always tried to diversify my skillset in case of any setbacks (and that's helped me tremendously over the years).

While I'm having fun with YouTube, I can honestly add video editing and experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects to my resume now and that's not a bad thing. :)

I thought that his article was well written and included excellent examples. Apparently, YouTube is aware of this issue but who knows if there will be any changes.

Back