YouTube Analytics API - does anyone use it to record CTR?

CuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hey there, fellow YTers,

YouTube Studio gives us a lovely interface that lets us graph 'Impressions' and/or 'impressions click-through rate' over time - a brilliant solution for snapshot analysis:

1588413628481.png

In an effort to optimize the thumbnail making process (aka understand what our audience is attracted by), we need more granular, day-level performance for thumbnail impressions and thumbnail clicks.

Have any of you been able to find an YouTube Analytics API endpoint that lets you download this type of data? Alternatively, a YT Studio report that lets me pull this data for multiple videos, by day?
Something like: video A's thumbnail was shown 100,000 on date 1/1/2020 and received 7,000 clicks, resulting in a 7% CTR

My sincere thanks in advance!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, congrats on first post
interesting question, like download it so that you can put in in a power point presentation? good idea :up:
I know that you can view indepth analytics on each video rather than the channel as a whole

Reactions: CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I know that you can view indepth analytics on each video rather than the channel as a whole

Right, the Studio web interface lets you see that data, either in a funnel or in the graph as seen above; I am indeed curious to download all the underlying data to do my own longer-term analysis.

Has anyone had any success with this? Thanks!