YouTube Algorithm tips (you might have seen them before)

Fearless dave

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. Post not too long not too short videos
2. MaKe your video around a keyword with less competition and try saYing the keywords in your video.
3. Put the keywords at the beginning of your description.
4. Use captivating titles and thumbnails

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as too long or too short, I say don't waste viewers time. Some YouTubers stretch their content to try to boost view time, but this is a bad idea. Viewers will either skip ahead to try to get to the good stuff, or they will give up and move on. I don't worry at all about a video being too short. If you can say what you need to say in a minute, awesome. It won't generate huge view time, but audience retention will tend to be higher.

Agree that having unique keywords will make your video stand out, but it won't help you with the algorithm unless potential viewers are searching that keyword. Also, agree that keywords should be both stated in the video (that is auto-captioned) and written in the description. I would add the tag as well. Find synonyms for your key words as well.

Captivating titles and thumbnails will help click-through rate, and that will help everything else. Just make sure that you deliver on what your titles and thumbnails promise, else it's just clickbait.

Reactions: Fearless dave

Fearless dave

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as too long or too short, I say don't waste viewers time. Some YouTubers stretch their content to try to boost view time, but this is a bad idea. Viewers will either skip ahead to try to get to the good stuff, or they will give up and move on. I don't worry at all about a video being too short. If you can say what you need to say in a minute, awesome. It won't generate huge view time, but audience retention will tend to be higher.

Agree that having unique keywords will make your video stand out, but it won't help you with the algorithm unless potential viewers are searching that keyword. Also, agree that keywords should be both stated in the video (that is auto-captioned) and written in the description. I would add the tag as well. Find synonyms for your key words as well.

Captivating titles and thumbnails will help click-through rate, and that will help everything else. Just make sure that you deliver on what your titles and thumbnails promise, else it's just clickbait.
And at the end of the day, try to have good content. Which is something I'm still working on

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
And at the end of the day, try to have good content. Which is something I'm still working on
You will probably achieve a balance between quality & completion of content, for example: I do camera gear reviews, but it's hard to remember all the pros & cons, so you write it down, at this point I don't care if the phone/notepad is visible in the shot & sometimes I could be seen reading from it. This supposedly lowers the quality, but definitely makes the process easier & less stressful, which equates to me getting that video up sooner than later, or never.

Fearless dave

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
You will probably achieve a balance between quality & completion of content, for example: I do camera gear reviews, but it's hard to remember all the pros & cons, so you write it down, at this point I don't care if the phone/notepad is visible in the shot & sometimes I could be seen reading from it. This supposedly lowers the quality, but definitely makes the process easier & less stressful, which equates to me getting that video up sooner than later, or never.
Yeah, whatever works, it's sad most viewers don't know the amount of work put into a small video