Wrapping Paper Green Screen!

PewPaPew

Swiggity Swooty Comin' For The Booty!
I'm going to try to use green wrapping paper as a green screen have any of you guys tried that before? If so, how did it work out?

I'm going to try to use green wrapping paper as a green screen have any of you guys tried that before? If so, how did it work out?
Hey, Hello!!

I didn't try it with wrapping paper, I tried it with green art boards that were the right shade. Honestly, I found a green screen on amazon for $20 that is perfect, so I just didn't bother dealing with the unever color of the boards anymore. That said, you should know that the most important part about green screens is the lighting. Without amazing lighting it wont work well. If you want any more information, like the lighting I use, etc, just let me know!! :D

Hey, Hello!!

I didn't try it with wrapping paper, I tried it with green art boards that were the right shade. Honestly, I found a green screen on amazon for $20 that is perfect, so I just didn't bother dealing with the unever color of the boards anymore. That said, you should know that the most important part about green screens is the lighting. Without amazing lighting it wont work well. If you want any more information, like the lighting I use, etc, just let me know!! :D

That is totally correct. If your lighting is good, there will be weird shadows and edges and the color keying won't work properly.

I think it would probably be better to just buy a green screen, you really don't want to be dealing with problems during recording/post-production.

I'm going to be getting an actual green screen, I'm just trying to see how this works for the people who can't afford a green screen because you can find solid color wrapping paper at the dollar store.

I'm going to be getting an actual green screen, I'm just trying to see how this works for the people who can't afford a green screen because you can find solid color wrapping paper at the dollar store.
Check out my video in my signature. It cost me a total of $25-$30 to make, including the stand. Now in the video, I did not have a green sheet with me at the time, but I have a green sheet now and it works even better.

Back