Would love some feedback

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So this is my most recent gameplay video. I took a step back because of some discouraging hardware limitations, but I'm coming back pretty soon here. I would love some general feedback on how I could improve mostly my commentary, but also maybe a few branding things! Thank you very much

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
*shrug* It's fine for what it is. You playing a video game and commenting over it. Dime a dozen. That is an over crowded video category on YouTube.

I remember just the other day my nephew saying "subscribe to me on youtube" and I asked him what he does. "I do video game commentary", he said. Seems everyone wants to do that.

It takes a unique view on the genre to really turn it in to something special. So I would invest more time in to thinking about what makes your channel unique among the billions of other video game commentators out there.

Also, where can you even market these types of videos? There's no way you can post a link to your video in any subreddit and expect thousands/millions of views or subscribers.

Like let's say you put a comedy spin on it, you could then post it in the comedy subreddit. Or, do a scientific theory or analysis about the game mechanics you could post that in some kind of science subreddit. idk just throwing some ideas out there. Good luck.

Last edited:

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
*shrug* It's fine for what it is. You playing a video game and commenting over it. Dime a dozen. That is an over crowded video category on YouTube.

I remember just the other day my nephew saying "subscribe to me on youtube" and I asked him what he does. "I do video game commentary", he said. Seems everyone wants to do that.

It takes a unique view on the genre to really turn it in to something special. So I would invest more time in to thinking about what makes your channel unique among the billions of other video game commentators out there.

Also, where can you even market these types of videos? There's no way you can post a link to your video in any subreddit and expect thousands/millions of views or subscribers.

Like let's say you put a comedy spin on it, you could then post it in the comedy subreddit. Or, do a scientific theory or analysis about the game mechanics you could post that in some kind of science subreddit. idk just throwing some ideas out there. Good luck.
I understand what you're saying, and you make some valid points. However, this is just a hobby really. I do it because I enjoy it. It seems to me that you just really don't care for this genre of video, which is fine

teameggplant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Your commentary is good in that it explains the game, but entertainment wise I think it could use more energy. You could also put a bit more of your own personality into the commentary. By adding a few of your own jokes/stories to the game play, it will start to make you a more memorable youtube personality :)

Reactions: FrankenPixelGaming

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your commentary is good in that it explains the game, but entertainment wise I think it could use more energy. You could also put a bit more of your own personality into the commentary. By adding a few of your own jokes/stories to the game play, it will start to make you a more memorable youtube personality :)
Thank you for the actual advice. I definitely need to do more of that. Hopefully as I grow more used to it I'll get better