Will YouTube Ever Start Allowing Channel Skins?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you think YouTube will ever start letting their members use changeable skins on their channels so their more customised / brandable? :p

PS: or Have they ever done this at anytime in the past since YouTube has created many years ago?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the main YouTube forum. ^^

YouTube used to allow big side-pictures that made your channel more branded. I miss the old YouTube layout, but it wasn't very mobile-friendly. =(

I believe they have been experimenting with colored backgrounds and a slightly different layout, but I think it's all still in beta. ^^

Reactions: SeanFace101

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I cant remember it allowing a bigger photo on the channel. :p I do hope they at least start to allow colour changing of the channels at some point in the future. :p

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've honestly hated the direction they've headed in towards channel capabilities with regards to branding. You used to be able to do so much in terms of graphics, even adding graphics to your channel name under videos.

In any case, the up and coming channel/youtube layout looks... better than the current, but is still no big change. Basically based on the average of the colors in your banner, your channel will be themed with a color. Essentially what YouTube looks like on mobile, will soon be implemented to the desktop layout. I think it's alongside a large update to Google Chrome.

I've also noticed that I never answered the question properly; I think the chances are small, but it's far from impossible. I feel like if they did, it would have to be a big step up from the old days to make them consider it. Probably through a more interactive, and less "page-y" youtube channel layout.

*throws 2 cents into the wishing well*

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
it would be nice, I'd love to make mine pop more :) do they let you do a playlist banner?

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Not that I've heard. I dont think you get any more control really, just some more colors to reflect your channel. Not that its a bad thing by any means ^_^
sounds nice! Just enough so that people can't make really tacky looking pages xD

Reactions: Rails2Revolution