Why Am I Getting Dislikes For No Reason???!

Tyron Fedrick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dislikes will happen as you can't please everyone. In my opinion, as long as you have more likes than dislikes, that's all that matters.

Ian Dominic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Other
I do get a few dislikes sometimes, but I would rather ignore them and move on.

EelKat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a problem like that on mine, but somewhat different.

Through out the entire month of November, every video I uploaded, recieved 3 to 7 dislike SECONDS after it went live... and 0 views. I'd go back the next day and it'd say 5 views and 10 to 30 dislikes.

How can a video have only 5 views but also have 30 dislikes?

The next day it's have 5 views and 30 or more dislikes and 1 or 2 likes.

About 20 or so of my videos have 10 to 20 views and 30 to 50 likes and 10 to 20 dislikes!

What is going on?

Right now, most all of my latest videos have under 50 views each video, but WAY more likes and dislikes EACH then views.

I asked on YouTube Help forum and one person mentioned that, it takes 30 seconds of watch time for youtube to count the view, but only 2 seconds of watch time for it to count the like/dislike. They said it looked like a troll was opening and closing all of my videos, opening it long enough to dislike, then closing too fast for the view to register. They said, because all the dislikes happened so fat after publication that it was probably one person with multiple accounts.

They said they thought it was likely this person is reopening my videos to re-dislike them, every day, that's why the dislike count is double or triple the view count.

They aso pointed out that after a few days/weeks, youtube would fix it, deleting all the spam likes/dislikes, and leaving only the actual likes/dislike made by actual viewers.

So far, it looks like that is the case, as now in December, most of the videos that had that, have had most of the dislikes deleted and the like/dislikes are no longer way higher then the view counts.

FactsBud

Reaction score
Just think of dislikes based on your success, the more you get the better you are.

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do believe my content is professional however, I can certainly improve a lot but since last week I have been getting a lot more dislikes on my videos?

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It happpens as you gain more views. The one I saw on your channel with dislikes was a vs video so therefore most likely, the dislikers just disagreed with what you were saying. I wouldn't spend any time thinking about it though. It sucks initially but in the end they don't matter and they just boost your video more with the engagement they provide.

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you deal with people who comes and downvotes all of your videos.. It really sets me off

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think I've had someone come and dislike all of my videos. But I would just ignore it. If you got haters, that means you're doing something right. ;)

Hunhura

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha, your ratio's pretty much okay!

Nothing to worry about!

By the way we call all view the dislike stats in Analytics. So if some of you sees that all the dislikes came from a single country... Hmm I'd think that's a diehard hater who just needs to get a life lol

Good luck!!