Which Target Market Should I Aim at?

lifefixx

Reaction score
Hi.

Thanks for reading and answering in advance. I have a question. I started a youtube channel in which I create and post videos about improving your life, self help etc. However, I try to add a fair amount of comedy along with it.

So along side posting new videos often on my channel, I am also trying to build my brand on all other social media sites by posting relative content.

My dilemma is: Which market should I target?

Do I focus on catering to the self improvement, self help, life improvement market, with relative content?
My fear is that my dirty, vulgarish type of humor may not do well with this market.

Or do I just focus on a younger age group (18-30) market that will be more appreciative of my humor...
My fear is that while the humour may be better recieved, maybe this audience lacks the interest in self improvement.

Hopefully you can understand my question. Any answers or feed back would be very appreciated!

Check out my channel to get a better idea of my content if you like! Thank you!

Last edited:

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Stick with your natural personality and follow through with that target demographic. If you're vulgar or have a dark sense of humor, then just be that. There are plenty of people that are completely fine with content that is more vulgar and many even find it to be more "genuine" than someone trying to create a faux personality just so they can be more personable to a general audience.

Reactions: lifefixx

lifefixx

Reaction score
Stick with your natural personality and follow through with that target demographic. If you're vulgar or have a dark sense of humor, then just be that. There are plenty of people that are completely fine with content that is more vulgar and many even find it to be more "genuine" than someone trying to create a faux personality just so they can be more personable to a general audience.
Thanks for the feedback. :D