Which network for partnership

Which network for partnership is the best in terms of money and customer support?

• SocialBlade

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Fullscreen

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Machinima

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Maker RPM TGS

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • TGN

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • IGN

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Bryant i'm not sure your right on that one mate .......collab opps / good royalty free music for musicians ie cover artists / blog exposure .........the list goes on ....creator x would u agree and perhaps u could share some of things other than the norm u bring 2 the table
We agree partnership with a network has a lot benefits. Especially in certain special circumstances where you can simply get further with a network and their tools.

It's not for everyone, but it's not to be discounted either. :) Research is the key! ;)

Outside of the norm... audio library, network promotions, bulk annotations, Facebook app for each partners Facebook, sponsorhip system with higher CPM opportunities (non-standard ads), private community forums, and personal support. (see, we bolded that last one... because we're so personable! haha)

that's true. but from what I understand, a lot of it seems to be user-driven, meaning you still have to reach out to others to do the collabs. To me, a big draw was the added fact that you got all those cool features (banners, subscribe button thingy, etc.). Of course, I need to do more research on this, but that's what it looks like to me. I will admit that having that community can be good, which is a big draw for me, personally. I'm not too sure what kinds of exposure opportunities are given, so I will have to look into that too.

I guess it also depends on what type of youtuber you are too.

But by dwindling, I meant there are less benefits than before because youtube is rolling out those partner features. I'm not saying that networks are less favorable than just plain youtube partnership/adsense (the default). I'm saying that networks now might be slightly less favorable compared to networks a few months ago.
You're right on certain things being more user-driven than network driven. We only put the medium in place right now. (forums, twitter connections) That said, some creators are much more likely to collab "in network" because they are familiar with the community or we make the suggestion.

In regards to "exposure opportunities" I think we touched on that in another thread... as far as Creator X anyway. (if not, or anything needs clarified, please PM us)

You've gotten us curious, so we're going to research and try to nail down exactly what benefits partners can get without being networked taking into account the newer policies and YouTube design. We'll let you know what we find out. :)

Regards,
Creator X

We agree partnership with a network has a lot benefits. Especially in certain special circumstances where you can simply get further with a network and their tools.

It's not for everyone, but it's not to be discounted either. :) Research is the key! ;)

Outside of the norm... audio library, network promotions, bulk annotations, Facebook app for each partners Facebook, sponsorhip system with higher CPM opportunities (non-standard ads), private community forums, and personal support. (see, we bolded that last one... because we're so personable! haha)

You're right on certain things being more user-driven than network driven. We only put the medium in place right now. (forums, twitter connections) That said, some creators are much more likely to collab "in network" because they are familiar with the community or we make the suggestion.

In regards to "exposure opportunities" I think we touched on that in another thread... as far as Creator X anyway. (if not, or anything needs clarified, please PM us)

You've gotten us curious, so we're going to research and try to nail down exactly what benefits partners can get without being networked taking into account the newer policies and YouTube design. We'll let you know what we find out. :)

Regards,
Creator X

thanks for being proactive and helpful, I really appreciate it! :]

Regards,
Creator X

When joining a network, many smallish YouTubers like myself make the mistake of expecting immediate and substantial growth without doing anything differently. This is not what a network is there for.

My interest in joining a network, specifically Fullscreen, was for the tools they provide for their partners (both exclusive and standard) and the environment they created for people like me to improve as a YouTuber. A partnered channel doesn't ensure guaranteed growth and extra exposure - these things depend on the partners themselves. Youtube could enable everyone with partner features and it would STILL be worth it to join the right network.

Here are some of the benefits my nickel and dime channel has enjoyed by joining Fullscreen:

Partner support. CreatorX highlighted this for good reason as it is, in my opinion, the most valuable perk they offer as a network. My partner manager has responded to my questions and concerns within half a day at most. A couple of times he answered early in the morning before he was at the office! I've enjoyed the same quality support from other employees as well.

Audio library. Do you know how nice it is not having to rely on incompetech.com for all of your music? This alone would be worth joining.

Peace of mind. Nobody, even network partners, are immune from having their channels sabotaged by hackers or click-bombers. That said, if you do run into problems like these, rest assured that a good network will do everything possible to help.

Community. Belonging to a network should feel like being part of a community where partners are encouraged to connect and collaborate with others who share similar interests and goals. I speak from experience when I say it's A LOT easier reaching out to people within a network than if you were on your own.

I can't speak for other networks but I think you'll have a hard time finding even one benefit of going solo instead of joining Fullscreen. The only thing I can think of is not having to forfeit a cut of revenue, but that shouldn't even be a consideration unless you're already making lots of $.

Regards,
Creator X

now that youtube is rolling out partner features to more people, the benefits from networks seem to be dwindling :/

that's true. but from what I understand, a lot of it seems to be user-driven, meaning you still have to reach out to others to do the collabs. To me, a big draw was the added fact that you got all those cool features (banners, subscribe button thingy, etc.). Of course, I need to do more research on this, but that's what it looks like to me. I will admit that having that community can be good, which is a big draw for me, personally. I'm not too sure what kinds of exposure opportunities are given, so I will have to look into that too.

I guess it also depends on what type of youtuber you are too.

But by dwindling, I meant there are less benefits than before because youtube is rolling out those partner features. I'm not saying that networks are less favorable than just plain youtube partnership/adsense (the default). I'm saying that networks now might be slightly less favorable compared to networks a few months ago.

Bryant i'm not sure your right on that one mate .......collab opps / good royalty free music for musicians ie cover artists / blog exposure .........the list goes on ....creator x would u agree and perhaps u could share some of things other than the norm u bring 2 the table

Per Youtube - as your views, CPM's, subscriber base, and other metrics increase - they will open up other advantages. This includes Banner's, ads, thumbnail, adverts, etc. If you notice, There are several partners (who were partnered before) who still have everything you get with a network.. with out being networked. RWJ was not partnered for a while and still kept all of his stuff (banners, ads, etc). Networks are a short cut to those advantages. You also get the advantage of being.. well.. networked.

As for the advantages? The really only two things that I can say is that the banner does help and Creator X has been wonderful in getting back to me and taking ownership of any issues I have. When it comes to why I get subs every day, my views are at +200 a day.. and i am trending up at an 'above average' rate. That's all me ;) Creator X and Fullscreen are MORE THEN WELCOME TO ADVERTISE ME MORE.. Juuuust putting it out there ;)

As for the advantages? The really only two things that I can say is that the banner does help and Creator X has been wonderful in getting back to me and taking ownership of any issues I have. When it comes to why I get subs every day, my views are at +200 a day.. and i am trending up at an 'above average' rate. That's all me ;)
Thanks for the comments! (again, heh) Creators definitely still deserve the vast majority of the credit for their success indeed. ( views / subs / etc ) Without videos and dedication... nothing else matters.

Creator X and Fullscreen are MORE THEN WELCOME TO ADVERTISE ME MORE.. Juuuust putting it out there ;)
lol Actually though... I believe Fullscreen has a newly launched "fund" for that where they select channels for paid advertising on YouTube. I'll PM you the link!

How do partners help in the way of content you are aloud to make money on. I have the ability to put ads on my vids (monetise) through AdSense yet I cannot as you cannot have any games, music, video etc. As I am a gaming channel I cannot monetise any of my videos.

With a partnership does this make me able to make money on my gaming vids. I know I am a long way away from this as the only reason I can monitise my vids is because of one with over 35'000 views. I only have 20 something subs and yeah but I was just interested for (hopefully) future reference. :)

Back