Where will YouTube be in the future?

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There isn't any other video platform that can compete with it. It's going to be around for a long time.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I suspect something is going to come along and disrupt YouTube in some way that it'll look quaint that we shared video content via the platform in another 10-20 years. Since Google is so massive, I expect they'll wind up buying whatever that is, and those who enjoy making video content (or whatever takes its place) will move to that, for the most part.

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well maybe after 10/20 years my channel will be one of the most known channel.Maybe I will be able to get an huge audience.Idk where will be YouTube after 10/20 years.But the best part is I still become a YouTuber after 10/20 years,maybe with a great subscriber base....:D:D:D

Last edited:

Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys,

I was talking to a friend the other day about how fast technology rushes forward these days. It's incredible how many advances were making. How do you think YouTube or video streaming in general will adapt? Where do you see YouTube in 10/20 years? Do you think it will even still be around or relevant?

Interested to hear your thoughts, I like to think it will still be relevant and who knows how we will be uploading and sharing our content!

:thumbsup2:
Great question! and here's a half-arsed answer.

-YouTube will probably still be around if Google has anything to say about it. Ultimately I think (Hope) YouTube at the core will stay the same. User driven content and feed back, and easily shareable across many platforms.

-I do expect YouTube to become the new mainstream television in a way, in fact it's already becoming that. With the break up of Living room family television time, more people are watching content online, as it's accessible, quick to adapt with trend and topic and it's also essentially free. Internet content is also more relatable, especially to the younger audiences.

-The growing success and spotlight will probably result in more revenue going towards creators but this will also mean more advertisements so Google can keep their profit margins up.

Sunsbookishgamesx

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
due to the google link they will be staying for as long as google does I'm guessing