When people get mad that you don't sub back...

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
[]

He then turned his like into a dislike and I received five subscription emails within a minute which means he must have subscribed just to unsubscribe five times. :D

It's kinda hilarious but to be honest, at this point I was getting worried he might send the Russian mob, err, a Russian bot after me. So I explained my point again, calmly, he insisted on "supporting each other" and I told him he doesn't strike me as a nice person that I want to support. He then disliked 8 other videos.

I wish he would've just commented "Yo! Sub4sub!" and I would have never engaged him. Or how about "Support me OR ELSE." :rolleyes:

Edit: Forgot one blur *facepalm*

Last edited:
Reactions: Switchbox and Crown

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
View attachment 34779

He then turned his like into a dislike and I received five subscription emails within a minute which means he must have subscribed just to unsubscribe five times. :D

It's kinda hilarious but to be honest, at this point I was getting worried he might send the Russian mob, err, a Russian bot after me. So I explained my point again, calmly, he insisted on "supporting each other" and I told him he doesn't strike me as a nice person that I want to support. He then disliked 8 other videos.

I wish he would've just commented "Yo! Sub4sub!" and I would have never engaged him. Or how about "Support me OR ELSE." :rolleyes:
Loool ignore people like that. Just keep doing you and the rest will follow. You done the right thing by choosing not to sub. I believe you should only subscribe to a channel if you actually enjoy it :)

Reactions: Sabrina

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually have my filters set up to hold comments that mention, sub or subscribe. The sub4subs seem to be a dime for a dozen. But I wouldn't worry about it, it's a myth that unsubbing hurts you, just like dislike hurt you. Dislike's are considered engagement to youtube, be it bad or good it still means they took the time to watch it. So he inadvertently helped you out ^.<

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
Loool ignore people like that. Just keep doing you and the rest will follow. You done the right thing by choosing not to sub. I believe you should only subscribe to a channel if you actually enjoy it :)
Yeah, thank you, and I only replied to him because I didn't quite understand his initial comment and he seemed friendly. Oh how people change when things don't go their way :rolleyes:

But I wouldn't worry about it, it's a myth that unsubbing hurts you, just like dislike hurt you. Dislike's are considered engagement to youtube, be it bad or good it still means they took the time to watch it. So he inadvertently helped you out ^.<
The unsubbing -multiple times- is more hilarious than anything. However, dislikes can hurt in the way that trolls don't watch the entire video and bring the retention down. But I won't lose much sleep over it ;)

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, thank you, and I only replied to him because I didn't quite understand his initial comment and he seemed friendly. Oh how people change when things don't go their way :rolleyes:

The unsubbing -multiple times- is more hilarious than anything. However, dislikes can hurt in the way that trolls don't watch the entire video and bring the retention down. But I won't lose much sleep over it ;)
That is hilarious I won't deny it, but yeah the dislikes really help you as much as the likes do. Have you ever heard the saying "There's no such thing as bad publicity"? It's a common tactic among stars, when they start these feuds it helps bring them back into the publics eye and get's them attention. That's how youtube see's it, Donald Trump is a good example of that statement. Total watch time is mainly what you need, which doesn't apply to retention. so say you start a video, and have annotations or cards in it leading to another video, the collective time is how youtube views it. That also includes if your video leads to say a friends video or a video you just like..... and a bird just rammed my studio's window.... sorry for the ADHD but it was funny enough I thought it needed to be added XD

oh and people don't know this but 33% average retention for youtube. Don't settle for that but I'm just saying don't get discouraged if you ever look at that number ^.^

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Haha yeah that's funny. Good to know :D I wish you the best Sabrina x

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
OMG he's so annoying.

"What do you think?"

What do we think about what ?!! Leave a comment about the video and stop fishing for subs FFS. Wow people are so desperate it's pathetic.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
love how they said "unsub like others are doing" then tried to falsely think you had 5 unsubs by doing it himself LOL epic fail xD