What's your View On Machinima?

JustFlames

Hey guys so a friend of mine runs a very successful clan called "Saw" I don't know if i'm aloud to post a link so I wont just incase. The Channel has 55K and is one the best trickshottting clans around and he is partnered by Machinima. His views on their service is "They're Sh*T" and They never pay etc.
He wants to leave really bad as he is making low/no money with this Big channel. I'm trying to get him out of it but their non "perpetual" Contract means he can't get unlinked where as other big YouTubers who are Really BIG can for whatever reason. Also they say you can't make a new channel without their permission which is b******t they can't control you -_-

So I want you guys to tell me your opinions about Machinima and any personal experience you have.

I used to watch Machinima videos all of the time, and I still do occasionally...but they have so much crap there now that it is hard to weed out the unique members

Hey guys so a friend of mine runs a very successful clan called "Saw" I don't know if i'm aloud to post a link so I wont just incase. The Channel has 55K and is one the best trickshottting clans around and he is partnered by Machinima. His views on their service is "They're Sh*T" and They never pay etc.
He wants to leave really bad as he is making low/no money with this Big channel. I'm trying to get him out of it but their non "perpetual" Contract means he can't get unlinked where as other big YouTubers who are Really BIG can for whatever reason. Also they say you can't make a new channel without their permission which is b******t they can't control you -_-

So I want you guys to tell me your opinions about Machinima and any personal experience you have.

He signed a contract. It may or may not be enforceable but that would require time in court to determine.

If Machinima isn't going to let him out of his contract, then he doesn't have any options. When last I read a Machinima contract it does specify non-competition and exclusivity, so no he can't just go make another channel.

Or more correctly, if he did and it got to any reasonable size where Machinima cared, they could sue him and would win if they found out he did it.

These things are true for most networks. The unfortunate part is the high number of YouTubers who are fairly young and signed without bothering to read and think about the consequences.

Their hub channels are a bit of a mess, I thought when they used to upload 3-4 videos a day it was alot, but ~20 a day is ridiculous :p

I`ve heard their rev-share contract arn`t to great and that support is slow. but some partners do have a good experiences and they do have good points.

BTW did you see their moral boost?? that was :D... lots of people left and there was payments delays so they asked for opinions on the network over twitter and then retweeted about 100 good ones and left the bad ones along :p

"where as other big YouTubers who are Really BIG can for whatever reason" No they can`t... name one big channel that has gotten out without taking legal action?

He's full of s**t. They haven't signed perpetuity contracts in over a year, they pay 2 months after the month it's due which is in the contract. Also, they respond to all emails within 48 hours. And you can make a new channel, so you're friend is just dumb. Idiots should read their contracts

He's full of s**t. They haven't signed perpetuity contracts in over a year, they pay 2 months after the month it's due which is in the contract. Also, they respond to all emails within 48 hours. And you can make a new channel, so you're friend is just dumb. Idiots should read their contracts

He has sent them numerous emails and they have not replied, from what I've heard Machinima don't let you out this from recent partners of machinima. He obviously read the contract and didn't seem to care if they were the network they appear to be. Obviously if they have crap support for him and they don't pay he will do anything to leave.

The last video I watched from Machinima was The Sims l33t str33t and that was over 4 years ago.

He signed a contract. It may or may not be enforceable but that would require time in court to determine.

If Machinima isn't going to let him out of his contract, then he doesn't have any options. When last I read a Machinima contract it does specify non-competition and exclusivity, so no he can't just go make another channel.

Or more correctly, if he did and it got to any reasonable size where Machinima cared, they could sue him and would win if they found out he did it.

These things are true for most networks. The unfortunate part is the high number of YouTubers who are fairly young and signed without bothering to read and think about the consequences.

I don't see why he isn't free to make YouTube Channels as he please's maybe he might have a channel for IRL stuff and not wan't a machinima partnership what authority do they have to sue him just for making new channels.

This may depend on how long ago the clan signed theirs though. With 55K subs, over a year ago is still well within being a reasonable time when they were partnered.

Be careful counselling people on legal matters though. If your contract specifies exclusivity for the contract period, you CANNOT create another channel.

Well, I should quality that. You CAN in much the same way as you CAN drive through a red light. Wouldn't recommend it and it does have consequences though if you get caught.

I don't see why he isn't free to make YouTube Channels as he please's maybe he might have a channel for IRL stuff and not wan't a machinima partnership what authority do they have to sue him just for making new channels.
The contract locks in all of the channels he chooses to create during the period of the contract.

He has sent them numerous emails and they have not replied, from what I've heard Machinima don't let you out this from recent partners of machinima. He obviously read the contract and didn't seem to care if they were the network they appear to be. Obviously if they have crap support for him and they don't pay he will do anything to leave.
I often see people having problems with their support but apparently most of this comes from them emailing the general support email instead of their assigned partner manager.

Back