What's the best way to upload videos to YouTube?

Prateek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hola people!

So I'm new to YT, and I've been editing my videos with Final Cut Pro (Omg is my secret revealed!? :p )
So basically I had to upload my video yesterday (every Thursdays) and my FCP wouldn't upload my video directly to YT because of some weird error that couldn't connect to it's server (I have been uploading from there before though!)

I then have tried to save it directly in my computer and it used 8gb of my space (uhm...I had to uninstall Microsoft Word to fit in...)

I obviously couldn't upload directly to YT with 8gb file - that would prob take like 623793623 minutes to upload.

I tried to use HandBrake but I felt like it lost some of the quality and wasn't satisfied.

So the question is - what's the best way to upload videos to YouTube?

(Thank you whoever read all of this :D )

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You need to use these first,
(Google "Youtube recommended bitrate")
No way should anything that short be 8GB long, especiallly for youtube where it is compressed to hell.
Basically, use .mp4 and don't use a silly bitrate to render at.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hola people!

So I'm new to YT, and I've been editing my videos with Final Cut Pro (Omg is my secret revealed!? :p )
So basically I had to upload my video yesterday (every Thursdays) and my FCP wouldn't upload my video directly to YT because of some weird error that couldn't connect to it's server (I have been uploading from there before though!)

I then have tried to save it directly in my computer and it used 8gb of my space (uhm...I had to uninstall Microsoft Word to fit in...)

I obviously couldn't upload directly to YT with 8gb file - that would prob take like 623793623 minutes to upload.

I tried to use HandBrake but I felt like it lost some of the quality and wasn't satisfied.

So the question is - what's the best way to upload videos to YouTube?

(Thank you whoever read all of this :D )
I have uploaded 5GB videos and larger. I have no problems with it and the quality comes out fine. This one took forever to upload because it's mostly 4K, but I always upload right when I go to sleep so that I'm not taking up my bandwidth. I export my videos as H.264 with the highest bit rate