What makes a video more interesting to get you involved in it?

CodeSly

Reaction score
So I've been wondering how to become more interactive with my viewers as well as anyone who's interested in general. What makes you want to get involved with the video and what is it about videos that make you think and want to ask questions?

With youtube it's a pretty interesting way to reach people and learn from and about them as well as their ideals and I cherish that and would love to find a way to learn and understand more about others and am not sure if there's a certain type of video I need to be making or just a change of something I can do or say in my videos.

Thank you for yout time.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
please don't spam the forums

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I've been wondering how to become more interactive with my viewers as well as anyone who's interested in general. What makes you want to get involved with the video and what is it about videos that make you think and want to ask questions?

With youtube it's a pretty interesting way to reach people and learn from and about them as well as their ideals and I cherish that and would love to find a way to learn and understand more about others and am not sure if there's a certain type of video I need to be making or just a change of something I can do or say in my videos.

Thank you for yout time.

Hi and welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved this to the strategy forum.

( To fix your link, please follow the instructions in this post: http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-add-your-youtube-channel-to-every-message-post.32/ )

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me it's nothing in particular, well... I mean if I like the YouTube to begin with due to them having a very genuine personality that definitely adds brownie points, however I think it's really more up to the topic of the video or whatever you're trying to engage with. I think it's about relatability to the topic. Definitely asking for opinions at the end of the video will encourage someone to interact, but they still may not if they have nothing to say about the topic.

Reactions: CodeSly

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I like original content I can't find anywhere else. I'll watch videos by people I like, even if they're doing something that's been done before (reviews, tags, hauls, vlogs, etc.), but it's not going to engage me very much. Channels that go somewhere new and do something different are really interesting to me, and they're becoming increasingly rare.

CodeSly

Reaction score
I like original content I can't find anywhere else. I'll watch videos by people I like, even if they're doing something that's been done before (reviews, tags, hauls, vlogs, etc.), but it's not going to engage me very much. Channels that go somewhere new and do something different are really interesting to me, and they're becoming increasingly rare.
Yeah I see what you mean but for me it feels like these days whenever I try to do something my way or differently I'll always hear "You're a copy of- " it feels like being different makes people hate you by saying you're just copying someone else :/

Reactions: xingcat

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah I see what you mean but for me it feels like these days whenever I try to do something my way or differently I'll always hear "You're a copy of- " it feels like being different makes people hate you by saying you're just copying someone else :/
Ah, well, stop listening to your critics, I say! :)

CodeSly

Reaction score
Ah, well, stop listening to your critics, I say! :)
Sounds like a plan! Originality feels hard these days and animating and things as I'd like to do is really hard so I guess I'll have to find a better way to interact more with my audience!

Reactions: xingcat

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
This that would make me comment in a video:
- If they ask a question in the video for the viewer to answer.
- If the person making the video was completely incorrect about something, I feel like I need to correct them.
- If I have a question about something that happened in the video or have a question about something they are showing. (usually about a product)
- If in the video you do something that doesn't make sense I may comment and question why you did that.
- If the video was just terrible and I feel like pointing it out.
- If I see a question in the comments section that needs an answer and I know the answer.

If you really want people to comment you can try these simple questions: mamakatslosinit.com/2013/05/32-random-questions-youtube-tag/