What is your Watch Time % from Subscribers in Analytics

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
In another venue, someone was complaining because they had a really low percentage of watch time from their subscribers (as compared to non-subscribers). They said they had something like 98% watch time from non-subscribers, but only 2% from subscribers...they ideally wanted it to be more like 70% from nonsubscribers, and 30% from subscribers.

I looked at my own channel's analytics for the past 28 days and discovered that my percentages were around 8% for subscribers to 92% from non-subscribers.

I have never really thought about this percentage. In the other venue, the person was complaining about their subscribers, but I don't really see this similarly. Instead, I look at it as reflecting that maybe I should do more to convert non-subscribers who find my videos in YouTube search into subscribers...but I don't really have a goal for watch time percents from subscribers vs non-subscribers.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you...if you are OK with sharing, what's your percentage? Do you have any goals for this?

If you're unsure of where to check this, what you'll want to do is:

On Desktop Browser
1. Go to your Analytics page (Channel icon in right --> Creator Studio -> Analytics)
2. Go to "Watch Time"
3. In the toggles, go to "More" and select "Subscription Status"
subscriberwatchtime.png

On Mobile Studio App
1. On the Overview tab, scroll to "Watch time from subscribers"

3.4% from subscribers. Many children do not subscribe and a large percentage of our views come from "Suggested video", so this is nothing to fret about.

In another venue, someone was complaining because they had a really low percentage of watch time from their subscribers (as compared to non-subscribers). They said they had something like 98% watch time from non-subscribers, but only 2% from subscribers...they ideally wanted it to be more like 70% from nonsubscribers, and 30% from subscribers.

I looked at my own channel's analytics for the past 28 days and discovered that my percentages were around 8% for subscribers to 92% from non-subscribers.

I have never really thought about this percentage. In the other venue, the person was complaining about their subscribers, but I don't really see this similarly. Instead, I look at it as reflecting that maybe I should do more to convert non-subscribers who find my videos in YouTube search into subscribers...but I don't really have a goal for watch time percents from subscribers vs non-subscribers.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you...if you are OK with sharing, what's your percentage? Do you have any goals for this?

If you're unsure of where to check this, what you'll want to do is:

On Desktop Browser
1. Go to your Analytics page (Channel icon in right --> Creator Studio -> Analytics)
2. Go to "Watch Time"
3. In the toggles, go to "More" and select "Subscription Status"
View attachment 32763

On Mobile Studio App
1. On the Overview tab, scroll to "Watch time from subscribers"
Last 28 days I have 0.2% of my watch time from subscribers lol. Through 2015 I have 0.1% watch time from subscribers...

1,4% from subscribers. Most of my views are from ''Youtube Search''(46%) and ''Suggested Videos''(32%)

22% from subscribers for lifetime, 41% from subscribers in the last 28 days. I'm happy with this, especially since the current figure is so much higher than the overall one.

57% from people who are subscribed and 52% from people not subscribed. That's really not that bad!! I was expecting it to be really, really low - that's made me quite happy!

Back