What is wrong with me?

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, Lytane here and I started my channel nearly a year ago and it has seen the tiniest bit of growth in that time and I was looking to see what is wrong with me and my channel.

I see here on this part of the site that a lot of people don't get replies to their queries and I hope I am not one of them.

I would like some feedback on anything and everything to do with the channel from layout and art to content and interest. I tried to keep a constant upload schedule, even pulling many late nights to get a video up for all of those 4 people that watched my video haha. But then I got really depressed with life so I stopped uploading for a small while but am now back at it. I have just started becoming more active on other channels and in forums but I feel that it hasn't changed much (though I will still interact with them)

Here is one of my latest videos for you guys to check out. It is a review on Jingle All The Way.

Also I have a busted knee at the moment so recording new content is hard so my Channel may dip in quality in a little bit but it should come back to normal after I am better.
Thanks for having a look at my channel and for the feedback!!

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well let's see. I'll start off with my biggest issue with it, I don't watch that many reviewers but I do watch some and one thing I notice you lacking is vocal charisma. There's just this tonal fault where me as the viewer don't hear any energy towards the project. Whether that is true or not, who knows. That's the feeling given. Some people may see it differently too, who knows. Just from my PoV anyways;
- It felt lacking in energy causing it to dread on and be rather boring to listen
- The layout was also odd, in the first 3 mins you show the ending of the movie and then you transition to other stuff
So it feels like that should be more thought out to keep things "in line" Sometimes I'll watch a review for a few mins to see just the "initial thoughts" and leave before any big details are pointed out (and IK this is an old movie/classic that probably everyone has seen it, but even if there's 1 person that hasn't it would be a bit of a disappointing experience)
- So better structure in the overall review would do wonders.

The overall transition between facetime to movie time was alright, there's probably other ways to do it or a fully face time review (copyright is a b*tch at the end of the day), but that can be developed more through experimentation.

Channel banner and profile pic are simplistic and clean. Some might hate it others may love it. I'm relatively neutral on it.

Thumbnails feel bland. They're good in terms of overall design in my opinion, but when it's the same template for all it's a bit boring to look at on your channel. Some more variety would be decent. Or a HQ still from the movie + your "is it worth it ?" or "movie review !" parts of your design might be an improvement as well.

Just a few things that come to mind.

Brian Benedict

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think your content is good, be yourself so your content is totally fine! One thing i noticed though is your description is very short. Increase the info in your description part because the more details and length in your description will help your videos be search easier with google search. Your editing is great so is your commentary. Maybe add more tags, do you use Tube Buddy? it's a great program that gives you tag ideas. Do you share your videos on Reddit man? Reddit will help with an initial burst of views.[DOUBLEPOST=1482976852,1482976645][/DOUBLEPOST]I have learned that networking with other channels that create similar content helps. Try finding other Youtubers who are in the same category as yourself and network with them.

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well let's see. I'll start off with my biggest issue with it, I don't watch that many reviewers but I do watch some and one thing I notice you lacking is vocal charisma. There's just this tonal fault where me as the viewer don't hear any energy towards the project. Whether that is true or not, who knows. That's the feeling given. Some people may see it differently too, who knows. Just from my PoV anyways;
- It felt lacking in energy causing it to dread on and be rather boring to listen
- The layout was also odd, in the first 3 mins you show the ending of the movie and then you transition to other stuff
So it feels like that should be more thought out to keep things "in line" Sometimes I'll watch a review for a few mins to see just the "initial thoughts" and leave before any big details are pointed out (and IK this is an old movie/classic that probably everyone has seen it, but even if there's 1 person that hasn't it would be a bit of a disappointing experience)
- So better structure in the overall review would do wonders.

The overall transition between facetime to movie time was alright, there's probably other ways to do it or a fully face time review (copyright is a b*tch at the end of the day), but that can be developed more through experimentation.

Channel banner and profile pic are simplistic and clean. Some might hate it others may love it. I'm relatively neutral on it.

Thumbnails feel bland. They're good in terms of overall design in my opinion, but when it's the same template for all it's a bit boring to look at on your channel. Some more variety would be decent. Or a HQ still from the movie + your "is it worth it ?" or "movie review !" parts of your design might be an improvement as well.

Just a few things that come to mind.
Thanks for the reply! I have a natural sounding monotonal voice which others have pointed out to me. I have tried to be more animated to varying success, I would say that the review I posted is much better than where I started but I'll try to put more into my vocals next time. Some other people have said they like the way I sound so yeah!
I don't see the lack of energy. I am bouncy with tonal shifts in my voice and am quite animated. I can understand you not liking it personally but I don't see the lack of energy, can you elaborate more.
Most of the time I don't give out how the end of whatever I review. I go so far as to talk about the final act or last parts of the film but rarely the ending and if I do talk about I either be vague to get my opinion across or talk about what I thought. I admit in this review I went to far and said he saves the day but that is still vague. The way I have structured most of my reviews is to do a small opening, then sometimes a brief explanation or background then a recap of the story so everyone knows what the movie is about. After that I either talk about the actors, characters, scenes and thoughts in general. I try to talk about things that I find interesting about the film.
I agree though that I could have some better structure or at least something more consistent so that more of the episodes feel similar but as it stands they all feel similar in their inconsistency.

Don't I know it about Copyright, I have been flagged many times and that review is no exception it is very annoying and now I understand why people were getting up in arms about Fair Use. I want to add some more jokes, humour and skits into the videos but that would make them run longer which until a get an audience would put people off watching (most people like short videos) but it may also catch more attention so it's a catch 22.
I agree that my Thumbnails are nice but bland and I try to make unique ones sometimes to change things up a bit, maybe I should do that more often.

Thanks for your feedback, you have given me much to think about.[DOUBLEPOST=1483103206,1483102885][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think your content is good, be yourself so your content is totally fine! One thing i noticed though is your description is very short. Increase the info in your description part because the more details and length in your description will help your videos be search easier with google search. Your editing is great so is your commentary. Maybe add more tags, do you use Tube Buddy? it's a great program that gives you tag ideas. Do you share your videos on Reddit man? Reddit will help with an initial burst of views.[DOUBLEPOST=1482976852,1482976645][/DOUBLEPOST]I have learned that networking with other channels that create similar content helps. Try finding other Youtubers who are in the same category as yourself and network with them.
Thank you. I didn't realise that google search looks at your descriptions I thought it only looks at your tags. I'll add more to them, I have not heard of Tube Buddy. I will check it out as well. I have barely used Reddit but lately I have been going on there more to post around. I don't know where to look or where to start in reddit, it just seems too huge at times! I have made a few friends on YouTube now which I am super happy with and proud of the people I have met and I plan to do even more networking as time goes on.