What is most important?

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Some people like to have a lot of subs. Some want more views. What is most important for you: subs or views? How does it affect your channel?

Johnny_Seagull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
They're both pretty important, but gaining subscribers shows that people aren't just watching, but are genuinely engaged by your content and want to see more.

adhdzombieslayer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
both are important but I would rather have engagement so I like comments and subs but views can be good and bad because if you have quite a few people watching your video and not subbing there might be a problem somewhere either there not giving your video much chance or they forget or the content creator is doing something wrong problem is when people don't comment it's hard to know what your doing right and what your doing wrong.

Reactions: CandyPhantom

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Views are important to get your video ranked in search and have a chance of showing up in suggested.

Subs give you an initial view boost when you publish; if the number of views from subs is high enough (for your category, tags, and your overall channel authority), the algorithm will either pickup and serve your video to viewers, or not. So you need subs for the initial bump in traffic, then you need views (from non-subs) to rank.

They are both necessary, subs in the first 1-2 days, then non-sub traffic in the following days. If one of those 2 pieces of the puzzle is missing, the video will likely tank and die.

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
They're both pretty important, but gaining subscribers shows that people aren't just watching, but are genuinely engaged by your content and want to see more.
Hmmm, I see. Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1469368794,1469368662][/DOUBLEPOST]
both are important but I would rather have engagement so I like comments and subs but views can be good and bad because if you have quite a few people watching your video and not subbing there might be a problem somewhere either there not giving your video much chance or they forget or the content creator is doing something wrong problem is when people don't comment it's hard to know what your doing right and what your doing wrong.
I agree. It makes me more excited when I see comments more than watching the view count and such[DOUBLEPOST=1469369003][/DOUBLEPOST]
The most important thing is quite simply your enjoying what you are doing!
I really think you're right. No one does a particular activity just because. If you love what you're doing, you'll keep doing it.[DOUBLEPOST=1469369196][/DOUBLEPOST]
Views are important to get your video ranked in search and have a chance of showing up in suggested.

Subs give you an initial view boost when you publish; if the number of views from subs is high enough (for your category, tags, and your overall channel authority), the algorithm will either pickup and serve your video to viewers, or not. So you need subs for the initial bump in traffic, then you need views (from non-subs) to rank.

They are both necessary, subs in the first 1-2 days, then non-sub traffic in the following days. If one of those 2 pieces of the puzzle is missing, the video will likely tank and die.
Thank you for explaining it! I understand clearer now.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
No point having loads of subscribers if they're not watching your videos. I'd feel more comfortable knowing my content was genuinely being watched and enjoyed by lots of people.

KrakenSoup

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
More views preferably, as this will lead to some potential subscribers. IMO.