What is it you want to accomplish on youtube ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korifaeus

Banned
I see a lot of truly talented young kids/youth here, some with outrageously fabulous personalities, outstanding talents, original ideas, etc.
My question is what you wish to accomplish putting yourself out on youtube, sharing your sketches, music, talents.

1. Is it a hobby making videos/sharing them ?
2. Is it to see reactions ?
3. Is it to get appreciation/"confirmation" for your talents ?
4. Is it to monetize the channels, thus to increase income ?
5. Is it to become a well known youtube/internet personality ?
6. Is it to be discovered, turning professional ( TV, Film, etc) ?

I see a lot of truly talented young kids/youth here, some with outrageously fabulous personalities, outstanding talents, original ideas, etc.
My question is what you wish to accomplish putting yourself out on youtube, sharing your sketches, music, talents.

1. Is it a hobby making videos/sharing them ?
2. Is it to see reactions ?
3. Is it to get appreciation/"confirmation" for your talents ?
4. Is it to monetize the channels, thus to increase income ?
5. Is it to become a well known youtube/internet personality ?
6. Is it to be discovered, turning professional ( TV, Film, etc) ?

3.To get appreciation/"confirmation" for my talents.

No doubt i'd chose that.And im working my butt off for that.

my youtube channel partly contains videos that I feed into a 3D world and play in a 3D virtual movie house. The shorter ones are just to find ways to attract viewers to the actual channel however for the most part my youtube channel is used as hosting for video elsewhere lol

1) website for tutorials and machinima in general
2) movies fed into a 3d virtual moviehouse
and the final use the lowest priority really

to actually use to promote on youtube lol so for me its a hobby but used heavily as part of a larger um hobby or obscession depending on how you want to view it.

Hmm... I´d say all of those things and none of those things....

I do it to entertain others, I don´t really care about the money. Sure I want a YouTube partnership but that is purely for extra buttons and more options as a creator.

I do it to get recognition as an entertainer, I have no lofty goals of fame or fortune... I just like making other people feel entertained.

Jonathan The YouTube Career Guy

I think its mainly a hobby thing for me and I like helping others out and it gives me the opportunity to do so where in the real world I dont get such a chance, I like getting comments saying they found whatever the video was on was useful for them, it is nice knowing you have helped someone in some way or another. I am not in it for the money at all although money would be a big bonus. It is the same reason why I have this forum here, I like having a place I and others can all help each other.

Added question

Will it make you feel less talented if folks would not give positive reactions ?
Or would you continue doing it because it's your passion, regardless of what others say, or stop because negative comments may make you question your talents ?
Interesting answers, btw, and your honesty is much appreciated :)

Added question

Will it make you feel less talented if folks would not watch or give positive reactions ?
Or would you continue doing it because it's your passion, regardless of what others say, or stop because negative comments may make you question your talents.

Well if I was getting negative reactions or hardly anyone watching then of course I would feel a bit negative about it especially if I was putting my heart and back into making them. I would still continue even if I felt like that but I suppose it could get me that negative about it that I probably would consider quitting and just continuing offline.

If it was an issue with my content, like say if it was something not many people would want to watch or find useful then personally I might change what I am doing or make the content more pleasing for more people.

I wouldnt question my talents though, I would be more judgemental on the production of the video like the editing, the acting and the content.

Well if I was getting negative reactions or hardly anyone watching then of course I would feel a bit negative about it especially if I was putting my heart and back into making them. I would still continue even if I felt like that but I suppose it could get me that negative about it that I probably would consider quitting and just continuing offline.

If it was an issue with my content, like say if it was something not many people would want to watch or find useful then personally I might change what I am doing or make the content more pleasing for more people.

I wouldnt question my talents though, I would be more judgemental on the production of the video like the editing, the acting and the content.

eh I long ago realized that people watching in large masses isn't always what it appears. One of my stupidest videos was a 20 second short it gets about 1k views per month on a regular basis. Its more disliked then liked I think at the moment its been trolled mercilessly but that trolling has helped it to appear on the "youtube most discussed" page lol at the top. I know on several occassions I have had people go through my stuff and disliked everything I mean when you wake up the next day and find someone took the time to dislike 50 + videos (at one point I had like 100 up ..) its blatenly obvious. Anyhow I am one of them introvert types and if you read my youtube page it pretty much hits you in the face .. I outwardly say I am not looking for any real type of youtube fame if a couple people like the video and its only had 100 views to me that is a win. Half the time I dont even tag my stuff properly. Once every 10 videos or so I take the time to use the built in html 5 youtube annotation system. If I peeve off a gamer which is not hard to do.. with a lot of them you instantly get flack from that and that is where my dislikes come from the gaming community. I had a guy try to troll me on a forum once I made him look silly he got mad and he took it out on my youtube channel lol. So in reality not sure how much I care if I have dislikes there is usual a personal goal behind the person hiting the dislike button be it "I hate you" " i hate game x" "i hate the colour purple" lol whatever.

Added question

Will it make you feel less talented if folks would not give positive reactions ?
Or would you continue doing it because it's your passion, regardless of what others say, or stop because negative comments may make you question your talents ?

Nope,If you dont get noticed you just continue trying and when you sucseed you will say "I've done it,i butt f*cked the game up and theres noone on this earth that will prove me wrong or take me down"....atleast i would say that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back