What is it you want to accomplish on youtube ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely 6. Especially in Melbourne, Australia. The television industry is so difficult to break into. I'm in my final year of screenwriting and finding a placement in Melbourne is possibly one of the most difficult things I've ever had to endure.

Definitely 6. Especially in Melbourne, Australia. The television industry is so difficult to break into. I'm in my final year of screenwriting and finding a placement in Melbourne is possibly one of the most difficult things I've ever had to endure
It's difficult in any country, any city, and any industry, though show biz is the toughest business in the world; it takes perseverance, and " attitude" = good attitude :)

Here's the very best tips, coming from an old person ;), i can give you all.
Create a "good" reputation for yourself -
1. Don't try to set yourself apart from others, because regardless of what entertainment field you choose you have to be able to work as an "ensemble" . Be fun to work with.

2. Don't talk bad behind people's backs; no one wants to work with a bad mouther, because people know you'll talk behind their backs, too.

3. Work hard and have enjoyment in what you're doing, rather than frustration about tiny little things, because if throwing temper tantrums about minuscule matters, how would those react when they're is an actual crisis.

4. Try finding your own voice and style= be your very own individual. To sound like soandso, be able to play like soandso is old hat, because they exist already and if wanting to hear soandso one can put on the album or comedy of soandso and have the original, rather than a copy.

5. Generosity of spirit = acknowledge the ones you find talented, rather than feeling threatened by them, fearing they have the better chance to take the place, you believe you should have, in the lime light.

6. Don't be afraid to try something new, just because no one has done it before, or never heard of it, if it feels right.

7. It's never too late to change

Best of luck :)

I pretty much just want to be on the same artistic plane as my idols on youtube, as well as the recognition. It would be nice to know someone watched my videos and enjoyed them a lot.

I see a lot of truly talented young kids/youth here, some with outrageously fabulous personalities, outstanding talents, original ideas, etc.
My question is what you wish to accomplish putting yourself out on youtube, sharing your sketches, music, talents.

1. Is it a hobby making videos/sharing them ?
2. Is it to see reactions ?
3. Is it to get appreciation/"confirmation" for your talents ?
4. Is it to monetize the channels, thus to increase income ?
5. Is it to become a well known youtube/internet personality ?
6. Is it to be discovered, turning professional ( TV, Film, etc) ?

I don't know why but for a while I always used to watch big youtubers like Phillipe de Franco and all of those guys and always wanted to be like them, confident speaking and popular on the internet. Some people make such awesome content and people love it! I want that! I want people to love the videos I (we) make.

In my channel it isnt me in the videos, me and two friends decided to create a channel based on stereotypical and racist satire. We believe racism and all of that should be expressed openly and is not harmful in any way! So we want to kind of spread that around. I love creating videos and sharing them, it is my new found hobby to film/direct/edit etc. I do also want to monetize the videos eventually so I guess that is also a goal of ours. The guys in my videos are seriously funny and want to kind of become comedians, so their goal is to be discovered and turn professional and stuff. I guess I also dream about being discovered with them if they ever do, but as a digital video producer or editor or whatever... but just dreams ^^.

I'd like to get better at making sketches. I really love comedy and usually can make people laugh but when it comes to fleshing out a funny idea i have, i'm no good. I don't know where my channel is going, if it stays a hobby it stays a hobby. I don't like to think too far ahead unless i'm 100% sure of the future.

I see a lot of truly talented young kids/youth here, some with outrageously fabulous personalities, outstanding talents, original ideas, etc.
My question is what you wish to accomplish putting yourself out on youtube, sharing your sketches, music, talents.

1. Is it a hobby making videos/sharing them ?
2. Is it to see reactions ?
3. Is it to get appreciation/"confirmation" for your talents ?
4. Is it to monetize the channels, thus to increase income ?
5. Is it to become a well known youtube/internet personality ?
6. Is it to be discovered, turning professional ( TV, Film, etc) ?

For me, i guess it would be number 2.
Answering the random questions we're getting sent is going to hopefully be a laugh, if not, then thats when it will stop.
I guess seeing peoples reactions to will be good. (when we actually do something!)

I would love to become a professional YouTuber. That is my dream job. Make the films you want weekly and have lots of audience interaction, sign me up!
I have recently became a partner and I am really trying to grow my audience now.

I would love to become a professional YouTuber. That is my dream job. Make the films you want weekly and have lots of audience interaction, sign me up!
I have recently became a partner and I am really trying to grow my audience now.
Hey, Jordan, I want to become partner as well.
What was your subscriber count and total video views when you applied?
--- merged: Apr 10, 2012 2:48 AM ---
Here's the very best tips, coming from an old person ;), i can give you all.
Create a "good" reputation for yourself -
1. Don't try to set yourself apart from others, because regardless of what entertainment field you choose you have to be able to work as an "ensemble" . Be fun to work with.

2. Don't talk bad behind people's backs; no one wants to work with a bad mouther, because people know you'll talk behind their backs, too.

3. Work hard and have enjoyment in what you're doing, rather than frustration about tiny little things, because if throwing temper tantrums about minuscule matters, how would those react when they're is an actual crisis.

4. Try finding your own voice and style= be your very own individual. To sound like soandso, be able to play like soandso is old hat, because they exist already and if wanting to hear soandso one can put on the album or comedy of soandso and have the original, rather than a copy.

5. Generosity of spirit = acknowledge the ones you find talented, rather than feeling threatened by them, fearing they have the better chance to take the place, you believe you should have, in the lime light.

6. Don't be afraid to try something new, just because no one has done it before, or never heard of it, if it feels right.

7. It's never too late to change

Best of luck :)
Great tips, much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back