What is a healthy views/subscriber ratio?

Well I don't know if there is a generic optimal ratio because it depends from the situation. For example now I have 16 subs and less than 500 views and someone could say it's bad or good (because there are people with less subs and more views and the opposite). In the end I think everything is related to SEO optimisation and active subs who watch all of your video.

Well I don't know if there is a generic optimal ratio because it depends from the situation. For example now I have 16 subs and less than 500 views and someone could say it's bad or good (because there are people with less subs and more views and the opposite). In the end I think everything is related to SEO optimisation and active subs who watch all of your video.

thats true! if you not #1 or close to it in SEO terms, it won't matter because no one will see it. 16 subs 500 views is pretty good, i say. i think as a channel gets bigger the gap grows. but id love to see research on it

I have 6034 views and 187 subs, giving a ratio of only 32:1. Which is actually quite disappointing, since once you factor in those who view and don't subscribe, most of my subscribers haven't watched very many of my videos.

I really think it depends on what type of channel you are as other people have listed and the method that you are approaching YouTube. If you're making more "gateway" videos then your ratio could be a bit higher but if you're going for consistency then it's a bit lower. Or it could even be an inbetween if you're a bit of both!

For us it's 23:1
Come to think of it, it is on the low side. It means none of our videos have as yet taken off in a mildly big way. Time to get to work...

Last edited:
I have 522 000k views and 1500 subs but my channel is aimed towards a different group of people rather than the majority group (which seems to be gamers I think)

Back