What I gotta do to get a comment

Amber lynx

I've Got It
i recently decided to do a giveaway on my channel. I know small channels have no business trying to do that but after seeing th success of another small channel like mines I thought I could do it. It's been a couple days and no one entered not even followed the rules. I been thinking of ways to get my subscribers active and I thought this would be a sure way of doing that but I guess not. How do I get active subscribers

It doesn't seem like a lot of your subs are active anyways given the views you get on your videos, so you can't really expect many people to enter. Giveaways only really work for larger channels, tbh.

i recently decided to do a giveaway on my channel. I know small channels have no business trying to do that but after seeing th success of another small channel like mines I thought I could do it. It's been a couple days and no one entered not even followed the rules. I been thinking of ways to get my subscribers active and I thought this would be a sure way of doing that but I guess not. How do I get active subscribers
OK looking at your channel I can see you have a very low view count for your videos, I think that might be one of the issues as no one is viewing them. I don't believe that it's your content, but maybe the tags and description. I can't check because I'm on my phone and I need tube buddy to look at your tags. So work of those to get more views. It also appears that your subscribers are not active, did you partake in sub4sub or purchase subscribers at all? As that may be a factor as well.

To get subscribers it's a combination of good tags, good description, good content and marketing yourself. Personally reddit seems to work for me at the moment and I get a lot of subs from comments I've left on other channels, even though I don't ask anyone to check out my channel. Find what works, experiment with it and analyse the results. If it works, keep doing it, if it doesn't, bin it.

Your giveaway got just 16 views so most of your subs didnt even see it, you simply have to keep uploading till you have an active audience. Giveaways shouldnt ever be the main way to get subs since those subs will be inactive. Giveaways should be more for rewarding your subs and giving back, showing them you are grateful for having them on your channel. Hope this helps, peace!

OK looking at your channel I can see you have a very low view count for your videos, I think that might be one of the issues as no one is viewing them. I don't believe that it's your content, but maybe the tags and description. I can't check because I'm on my phone and I need tube buddy to look at your tags. So work of those to get more views. It also appears that your subscribers are not active, did you partake in sub4sub or purchase subscribers at all? As that may be a factor as well.

To get subscribers it's a combination of good tags, good description, good content and marketing yourself. Personally reddit seems to work for me at the moment and I get a lot of subs from comments I've left on other channels, even though I don't ask anyone to check out my channel. Find what works, experiment with it and analyse the results. If it works, keep doing it, if it doesn't, bin it.
I did a while back in the beginning of my channel but all the bots were taken away so my subscriber count dropped and I got them back up myself. It could be the tags and description but how can I tell I'm using good tags[DOUBLEPOST=1485956710,1485956571][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your giveaway got just 16 views so most of your subs didnt even see it, you simply have to keep uploading till you have an active audience. Giveaways shouldnt ever be the main way to get subs since those subs will be inactive. Giveaways should be more for rewarding your subs and giving back, showing them you are grateful for having them on your channel. Hope this helps, peace!
So I just upload until I get some reaction?

I did a while back in the beginning of my channel but all the bots were taken away so my subscriber count dropped and I got them back up myself. It could be the tags and description but how can I tell I'm using good tags[DOUBLEPOST=1485956710,1485956571][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thats how youtube works. Think of it this way, how many people are you subscribed to, how many do you really check out when they upload, and how many do you really engage with. For me its like this, if Im subbed to 100 people, I will only actually check out new videos from maybe 10 of them, and am most likely an active member on just one on those channels. Not because the others are bad, but because I either dont have so much time on my hands, or I just like them, and not LOVELOVE them.
Basically you gotta work hard and upload consistently so you can grow an audience large enough that there are enough active members.
I hope this makes some sense, I suck at explaining stuff.

Hey Amber,

Do you use CTA? ( Call to action )
just ask for them to leave a comment ( don't over do it tho )
What i personally do is i commented as first on my video's, Well most of them :D and always try to ask a question. Because i read somewhere that some people are afraid to comment as the first person :D

I dont know if this helps u but i hope is does :D

OK good tags are descriptive words on what your video is about. So if I were to make a video on say 'how to play guitar' I would want tags that match what people are looking for, a tag is basically what someone would type into youtube you get to your video. So you would use tags like 'how to play guitar' which will obviously be very competitive, so you'll unlikely rank for it, but you'd still add it anyway. So thenow you would look for other tags that are less competitive, so if your video is on a specific guitar like a rick turner model one, you would put 'how to play a rick turner guitar' and also if you are teaching acoustic guitar you would add 'how to play acoustic guitar' as theye will be less competitive. I strongly advise you download tube buddy on your computer, it links to your youtube account and gives you a bunch of useful tools. It will tell how competitive a tag is, and once uploaded you can see where you rank for those tags, also you can view someone else's video tags to give you an idea. Hope that helps

Last edited:
I think you need a certain level of views consistently on your videos before doing a giveaway, I haven't tried anything like that but I would think subscribers need to be engaged first and then your channel can build up with giveaways, just my opinion.

One big issue on your channel home page is that it is showing your activity feed, not your videos. That is not good for getting lots of views.

Click on your channel link in your sig and see how all we see is a vertical list of your recent activity? Now click on this channel and see the difference in layout ---> https://www.youtube.com/user/creatoracademy ( See how they have organised their homepage to show their videos and playlists and not just their recent activity like yours?)

To learn how to do that on your channel:

Step 1) https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3219384?hl=en&ref_topic=16549
Step 2) https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3027787?hl=en

That's quite a big mistake. :) I'd suggest you read up on the all the official YouTube creator academy tips for growing a channel before worrying about giveaways. There are loads of YouTube training courses and resources :)

Back