Alexander Nedelchev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, friends!
As you can see by the thread's name I am wondering what profile picture in youtube fits me the most?
If you have checked my channel you would see it's with dark channel art and the thumbnails of the videos are mostly light ( This won't change, I have personal thinking over that and I think that they shouldn't be all dark or all light ). But I am wondering for the picture, shall it be light.. or dark?
Shall it be a drawing of me or shall it be "One letter logo" ?
And so I am open for specific people ( who can do it for free at the moment ), sites and etc. in doing it.
Thank you in advance! :)

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I say this a lot to people. Branding is one of the most important aspects of any channel. First ask yourself this. If you saw your logo or banner on a forum, website or comment on another video would you know what that channel was about,and if you had seen some of their videos before, would you instantly know who that youtuber was just by there avatar or banner? If the answer is yes then great you must have strong branding. I would say personally, yours needs some improvements.

1. Your profile picture doesn't really convey any kind of message to me other than its a vague drawing of someone. I would probably re design a whole new logo or pay someone to do it using strong bold complimentary colours. You need to somehow convey to the viewer who you are and what the channel is about. Not always easy depending on the niche but take mine for example, it's bold and brights and clearly conveys a message about food.

2. Your banner is too dark and barely legible on a mobile phone. The text is lost in the background and the font is quite 'busy'.

3. Your thumbnails are good in the sense they have some bright colours. But some of them have the wrong aspect ratio, making them all skewed in some sizes. Youtube's thumbnail size should be 1280x720. Also try to stick to a single font for your thumbnails to keep it consistent, and perhaps use the same colours as well. Again the idea of a thumbnail is to entice, but also convey to the viewer that this is one of your videos, and they instantly recognise your style.

4. I recommend going to a colour pallette website, and finding 2,3 or 4 colours that you really like and they compliment each other. Then use those colours consistently across your channel. If you want to see what that looks like in practice go and snoop on my channel, look at my banner, logo, thumbnails and my end card on my latest video. Looks all the same and consistent right? That's what youre looking for with branding. Mine isn't perfect of course but I put a lot of effort right at the beginning to make sure it's as good as I can make it. Good luck ☺

Reactions: Alexander Nedelchev

Alexander Nedelchev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I say this a lot to people. Branding is one of the most important aspects of any channel. First ask yourself this. If you saw your logo or banner on a forum, website or comment on another video would you know what that channel was about,and if you had seen some of their videos before, would you instantly know who that youtuber was just by there avatar or banner? If the answer is yes then great you must have strong branding. I would say personally, yours needs some improvements.

1. Your profile picture doesn't really convey any kind of message to me other than its a vague drawing of someone. I would probably re design a whole new logo or pay someone to do it using strong bold complimentary colours. You need to somehow convey to the viewer who you are and what the channel is about. Not always easy depending on the niche but take mine for example, it's bold and brights and clearly conveys a message about food.

2. Your banner is too dark and barely legible on a mobile phone. The text is lost in the background and the font is quite 'busy'.

3. Your thumbnails are good in the sense they have some bright colours. But some of them have the wrong aspect ratio, making them all skewed in some sizes. Youtube's thumbnail size should be 1280x720. Also try to stick to a single font for your thumbnails to keep it consistent, and perhaps use the same colours as well. Again the idea of a thumbnail is to entice, but also convey to the viewer that this is one of your videos, and they instantly recognise your style.

4. I recommend going to a colour pallette website, and finding 2,3 or 4 colours that you really like and they compliment each other. Then use those colours consistently across your channel. If you want to see what that looks like in practice go and snoop on my channel, look at my banner, logo, thumbnails and my end card on my latest video. Looks all the same and consistent right? That's what youre looking for with branding. Mine isn't perfect of course but I put a lot of effort right at the beginning to make sure it's as good as I can make it. Good luck ☺
You, sir, are very dangerously smart and aknowledged.
I read everything you wrote and you sounded perfectly compelling and aknowledged and
when I saw your videos and your channel I realised how low am I.
I'd give my best at the moment to change whatever I can and will ask again for your opinion, because it seems that you know best.
Thank you for the awesome help :) ![DOUBLEPOST=1488479688,1488466664][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sir, I did some changes, can you check out and give opinion?
( 2 of the videos aren't changing their thumbnails for some reason, gonna try to fix it later ).

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi
I can se you´re in the same niche like me. Nice channel:up2:
How about a profile picture of yourself. I allways helps if viewers can see the face behind the channel

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You, sir, are very dangerously smart and aknowledged.
I read everything you wrote and you sounded perfectly compelling and aknowledged and
when I saw your videos and your channel I realised how low am I.
I'd give my best at the moment to change whatever I can and will ask again for your opinion, because it seems that you know best.
Thank you for the awesome help :) ![DOUBLEPOST=1488479688,1488466664][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sir, I did some changes, can you check out and give opinion?
( 2 of the videos aren't changing their thumbnails for some reason, gonna try to fix it later ).
It's 100x better! You get the idea. Your thumbnails will take time to show up as youtube is slow to update. But your logo and header is much clearer bolder and I know instantly what the channel is about. Vast improvement and I'm glad I could help ☺

Alexander Nedelchev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi
I can se you´re in the same niche like me. Nice channel:up2:
How about a profile picture of yourself. I allways helps if viewers can see the face behind the channel
I was thinking of it before a while, but since I am not the most model type of a guy.. the idea went rejected.

Alexander Nedelchev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's 100x better! You get the idea. Your thumbnails will take time to show up as youtube is slow to update. But your logo and header is much clearer bolder and I know instantly what the channel is about. Vast improvement and I'm glad I could help ☺
I like what I hear.
I am glad that I did too.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: adams eats