What do you think is better?

W.G.C

I do a lot of gaming videos for my channel but I`m just not sure which is better:
When completing a chapter is it better to upload the whole chapter (which may take up to 45 min-1 hr per vid but would lessen the amount of videos )
OR do single parts of the chapter (which in turn makes way more videos ( up to 40-50 depending on the game but shorter view time)
In your opinion, what would viewers rather see?

Thanks!

I personally think that shorter videos are better and you should make a mini-series on the game. I don't think, with my amount of subscribers, that anyone would watch an hour long video lol.

I think you do parts of a chapter, because I don´t think everyone have the time or the patience to see the whole video if it´s too long!

That`s what I was thinking too but I wasn`t sure. But would there be enough patience to watch 40 some videos for a 6 chapter game? I tend to second guess myself when I upload and I don`t know if it would be hurting my views or not.

I'd personally go for 15-20 minute videos, like I got suggested once, the videos should be long "The time it takes to have a quick snack"

Personally I prefer shorter videos as well and just watch them in a playlist if I want to see the whole series[DOUBLEPOST=1473949934,1473949865][/DOUBLEPOST]Awesome! Thanks for the replies guys :) Appreciate it a lot

I'd personally go for 15-20 minute videos, like I got suggested once, the videos should be long "The time it takes to have a quick snack"
Hey that's a good reference. :) But yeah, definitely stick around the 15-20 minute mark. When videos get close to an hour I usually click away immediately.

Series of short videos. You can release the episodes gradually and put other videos in between some of the segments so your channel content is still varied. People generally don't like really long videos, aside from your most loyal fans. So the view count likely wouldn't grow if you did 45 minute videos.

definitely a series of short videos, for two reasons. Humans have the attention span of fish, so once a video hits ten minutes, unless it's insanely hilarious or addictive, view times will start to fall. The second reason is added traffic to your channel, by having multiple continuations of a video, people are going to be flocking back to the channel to see what happens next, and might even click on some other content. Just find a good cutoff point to cliff hang the audience making them want more!

Back