What do you have to do to stand out from the crowd?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's up to everyone that's reading this post. (even you..... fat dude eating an entire pizza)

Before I ask my question here's a little info about me.
I'm a video-gamer lover and I love to both make and play them and I'm thankful to have nearly 4 years of premiere pro experience and I'm getting better at after effects every week.

But I got a question for you more experienced guys though about YouTube. What exactly do you have to do in order to stand out from the crowd? The reason I ask this is that my current YouTube situation is kind of like getting friend-zoned by your high school crush but then she complains about how bad her relationship is.

What I mean by this is that I know that I'm really creative when it comes to video ideas (I get told by friends on the daily) and how exactly to layout certain series but my problem is that my previous channels have never found anyone and I'm just stuck in my dark room with a box of chocolates at hand. I honestly don't know what my plan is with this channel and recently I tried uploading a Fallout 76 video the day the game came out and I didn't get any sort of results. Any thoughts on how exactly I get people to see my videos? I'm slightly desperate but not too desperate because I feel like I know what I'm doing.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
What's up to everyone that's reading this post. (even you..... fat dude eating an entire pizza)

Before I ask my question here's a little info about me.
I'm a video-gamer lover and I love to both make and play them and I'm thankful to have nearly 4 years of premiere pro experience and I'm getting better at after effects every week.

But I got a question for you more experienced guys though about YouTube. What exactly do you have to do in order to stand out from the crowd? The reason I ask this is that my current YouTube situation is kind of like getting friend-zoned by your high school crush but then she complains about how bad her relationship is.

What I mean by this is that I know that I'm really creative when it comes to video ideas (I get told by friends on the daily) and how exactly to layout certain series but my problem is that my previous channels have never found anyone and I'm just stuck in my dark room with a box of chocolates at hand. I honestly don't know what my plan is with this channel and recently I tried uploading a Fallout 76 video the day the game came out and I didn't get any sort of results. Any thoughts on how exactly I get people to see my videos? I'm slightly desperate but not too desperate because I feel like I know what I'm doing.
Give me your soul:devil:

Or probably just keep working your a** off and do it your way. oh and I'll check out ya channel lol

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What exactly do you have to do in order to stand out from the crowd?
This question is VERY hard. You could say that there is no way you can stand out cause everything has been done:) That is not true of course but my point is that it is hard to come up with new ideas and stand out. And even if you stand out it is NO gurantee for succes:)
I'm really creative when it comes to video ideas (I get told by friends on the daily)
Ups I see a problem here:) None of my friends know I have a YT channel and there is a specific reason for that. The best way to test your videos is by showing them to people you dont know. Nothing wrong with friends and family but let´s be honest they are NOT honest (not completely anyways):)
Any thoughts on how exactly I get people to see my videos?
Hard work and improving your videos everyday is a start. Then there is the obvious social-media share thing. You MUST work with SEO too and my best advice (if you are looking for free ways) is to hook up with others for collabs and shout out.
Hope you found this usefull:)

Reactions: videoeditgr

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I feel like with gaming channels, it's especially hard to stand out, just because there's so many and most of us have pretty much seen it all. Oversaturation. Personally, I think the way to go about it is collaborations. Meet as many different gaming channels as you can, people that you have chemistry with, and do videos together. Comment on their videos (that's a big one. Commenting. So many small channels will not comment on other videos or even respond to their own comments, and it just comes off as narcissistic or self-motivated). Cause even if you don't gain too many new viewers, at least you have your friends watching your stuff, which feels a hell of a lot better than getting 0 comments on a video.

Also, don't think I'm insulting your channel here or whatever, but my honest feedback is that your channel name is too generic. And what I mean by that, is that if someone searches up 'SomeRandomGamers', there'll be a million different channels. It's also a bit too similar to SomeOrdinaryGamers, who has a million subs. It'd be like if some new YouTuber coincidentally had the username 'PewDieLie.' It's too similar to PewDiePie and he'd get drowned out in search. When I made my username, I was the only 'Dewmonic' and only 'Dewmonic Abyss.' It's so unique that you could google me, and I'd appear in google images. Only problem is that search would autocorrect it to 'Demonic', which screwed me over, but me and a few other people tweeted at YT's Twitter and they fixed it.

Good luck with the grind! I'm not trying to put you down or anything, just letting you know what's worked for me. lol

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have rarely watched gamers on YouTube - But when I have done, I am drawn in by the players personality. Funny and whacky get my attention.
In your intro you come across with personality. Use that in your videos and just keep at it daily. The views and subs will come in time.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like with gaming channels, it's especially hard to stand out, just because there's so many and most of us have pretty much seen it all. Oversaturation. Personally, I think the way to go about it is collaborations. Meet as many different gaming channels as you can, people that you have chemistry with, and do videos together. Comment on their videos (that's a big one. Commenting. So many small channels will not comment on other videos or even respond to their own comments, and it just comes off as narcissistic or self-motivated). Cause even if you don't gain too many new viewers, at least you have your friends watching your stuff, which feels a hell of a lot better than getting 0 comments on a video.

Also, don't think I'm insulting your channel here or whatever, but my honest feedback is that your channel name is too generic. And what I mean by that, is that if someone searches up 'SomeRandomGamers', there'll be a million different channels. It's also a bit too similar to SomeOrdinaryGamers, who has a million subs. It'd be like if some new YouTuber coincidentally had the username 'PewDieLie.' It's too similar to PewDiePie and he'd get drowned out in search. When I made my username, I was the only 'Dewmonic' and only 'Dewmonic Abyss.' It's so unique that you could google me, and I'd appear in google images. Only problem is that search would autocorrect it to 'Demonic', which screwed me over, but me and a few other people tweeted at YT's Twitter and they fixed it.

Good luck with the grind! I'm not trying to put you down or anything, just letting you know what's worked for me. lol
This actually got me thinking a bit about my channel name a little bit and even though I think it fits me perfectly because it's just me and a couple friends recording gaming videos together I feel like if I pick something more original I would stand out from everyone else. Thanks for the advice man and god bless

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't voiceover for your WWE Draft Series bro?
I want to just don't have a clear, working mic[DOUBLEPOST=1542654079,1542653733][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have rarely watched gamers on YouTube - But when I have done, I am drawn in by the players personality. Funny and whacky get my attention.
In your intro you come across with personality. Use that in your videos and just keep at it daily. The views and subs will come in time.
Thanks, man, appreciate it.

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a gamer, and after a while I started settling into my own better. When I record or write something, i do it as though I'm talking to a friend. It feels natural, and i believe it comes across more natural. To my friends I'll joke around and say shocking things, so I incorporated that into my videos too. While writing for my videos, I let stuff play through my head and jot it down if I like it. It's not all funny, as most of the content is informational. (To that end, I'm working on doing skits)

Not saying you have to be funny, some people don't like that. Talk to your friends and ask them the traits about you. Build on those traits and use them to your advantage. A few have said to me that I'm informative and helpful when coaching others in game. I try to make sure I'm doing the same in my videos.

In short, just being you will help you stand out. It should feel comfortable to you. Not going to say that's all that'll make your videos successful, but it will make doing them easier.