What can I do to improve my YouTube page?

ThomasAA

Reaction score
I have been using Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum to edit my videos and stuff (I am in sports as well, doing things on the cycling side). I was in the same boat, with no knowledge at all on any of the editing stuff. I tried a lot of different software and they all confused me. Movie Studio I found was easy to get going with and it has a lot of features so a good amount of room to grow with as well.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I use Premiere Pro, and After Effects is usually people's go-to for editing graphics and such. Although Adobe programs aren't cheap...
Final Cut Pro is good too. Also, a lot of computers will actually come with a rather user-friendly video editing software.

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In terms of editing software.

A list of the best softwares (have dabbled in a lot of software due to my background):
  • Sony Vegas 10, 12 or 13
  • Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (or CC, if Mac)
  • Adobe Photoshop (for captions and still image text etc.)
  • Adobe After Effects (good for text and VFX generation)
  • Audacity (free sound engineering software)
  • Adobe Audition 3.0 (a sound engineering software)
  • Final Cut Pro
  • Microsoft Movie Maker (free, not as bad as people think after you learn the interface)
  • Cinema 4D (3D VFX editing software, for fancy text and intros etc.)
  • Fl Studio 12 (for generation of sound and music, used by start out composers)
No idea what your budget is so I listed a few there. If you research into each one you can obviously choose one that suits your situation. Most of them have free trials anyway.
Also, you may want to have a look into the legality of recording and uploading public softball games. There may be a license restriction in the states and legal complications - not sure (as I am Scottish).

In terms of the channel itself, sticking to a snappy name that is easy to remember is always helpful. Another thing you may want to consider is high quality branding and consistent branding (logos, banners etc.) for your channel opposed to a photograph as your channel logo image and the close up of softballs. Decide your name and stick to it, branding your logos and channel art accordingly. It helps establish familiarity with subscribers and viewers which can lead to more dedicated followers of your content.

In terms of channel organisation, you may want to organize playlists for certain types of content on your channel. The more organized your channel looks and feels, the more professional it will seem to visitors (and potential subscribers).

Hope this helps a little? Any questions or anything just shoot me a PM :) happy to help fellow creators any way I can!

Reactions: All Things Mannish

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The name is Men's Women's Coed Softball Videos but I Changed the name to All Out Softball Videos..
The new name might not be in the search engine yet.. I was thinking The name starting with an A could move up the page in the search engine maybe..
I gotta learn how to edit all the cool stuff in the videos.. Put graphics in them etc.. I just purchased brand new Vlog Camera.. The 44 videos I posted already was old starter videos..
Im huge into softball and its a huge popular game so im gonna record games all around and do commentary etc.. In a week+ ive got 191 subscribers.. (I run a softball page on Facebook that has almost 11,000 members) so i should get alot more members as i promote it more..In March ill start recording and posting games...
What should I use to edit and put graphics etc in my videos?..something easy to do

Hi, welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.