What camera??

lucy marriott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So atm I use my Samsung phone which is ok but not the best! I don't want to spend a fortune but want to invest in a betterer camera..... any suggestions? What do you currently use/recommend? Thanks x

AustinCollings

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
What is your budget? Personally I like the Canon EOS M cameras. They have great quality, and also have an external mic jack and a shoe mount!

lucy marriott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
im not entirely sure on a budget. i didnt want to spend more than £50 but this is probably unrealistic?!?! i dont know anything about cameras!! good job i dont need 1 to improve my content.......oh wait......damn....[DOUBLEPOST=1467790236,1467790158][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is your budget? Personally I like the Canon EOS M cameras. They have great quality, and also have an external mic jack and a shoe mount!
ive just seen how unrealistic my budget is looking at these cameras!! :eeks:

Reactions: AustinCollings

Thijstastic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have the Canon IXUS 275HS that was like 130€. I think it's a good camera but it's above your budget. I think you can't find anything for that budget and you should higher it to like 100 pounds.

Reactions: lucy marriott

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I use a Sony CX240 that I found at a thrift store for $40. It's a great little camera, though I wish it came with a mic jack like Sony claims it does. :( I just use my AT mic and my PC for recording my audio and sync it in post, so it's all good.

Since your budget is in the £50 range, you should definitely try checking second hand and charity shops. That's where nearly all of my current recording gear came from. I've found a nice Audio Technica mic for $5, a preamp for my mic for $7, a dedicated audio card and front panel interface for my PC (I can record my audio at 24/192 if I choose to) for $15, and my camera for $40. Now if only I could find a nice lighting setup for cheap...

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If only there were things like car boot sales in my area. Heck, we don't even have good flea markets in this region. At least the thrift stores are filled with people that can't identify the good stuff and then price it cheap. XD

Reactions: AustinCollings

lucy marriott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Car boots are usually filled with tat and crap. Charity shops are where it's at which I guess is our version of a thrift store?

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah, that sounds about right. Thrift stores are generally run by charitable organizations that use a part of or all of the profits for various programs. The thrifts in my area pay out pretty frequently (at least when it comes to stuff I'm looking for), so I've made quite a few haul videos based on my finds.

What lighting did you get on Amazon? Right now I'm just using a halogen shop light, but it throws off a lot of heat. I'm thinking about building my own CFL or LED light rig at this point. I built my first mic, so lighting should be easy, right?