What Audio Hardware Do You Have?

Frostt316

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone im Frostt. I am looking to see what sort of audio hardware the community has to get an Idea as to what I can get to better my videos.
Specifically I mean like Microphone and Sound Proofing. I'd like to know what Mic you guys use and what type of sound proofing you have as I am trying to reduce echo myself.

Cadaea

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Right now, I have both a Blue Yeti and AT2020. I prefer the Yeti for videos and the AT2020 for streaming. I have no h/w soundproofing but I do use noise removal on Audacity to process the audio!

Reactions: Frostt316

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use an Avantone CV-12 microphone. I have it hooked up to a Golden Age Pre-73 MKIII, and that goes into a steinberg UR12 interface.

Reactions: Frostt316

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I have a Behringer Ultravoice plugged in to a Tascam DR-05.

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
I just have my Blue Yeti and no soundproofing at all, since the room I'm recording in has almost no echo (my mess is finally useful for something)

DanDaAussie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use the Samson Meteor personally it's quite cheap and does the job perfectly for my gaming videos. :)

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I use a Blue Yeti with no soundproofing, recorded with Audacity with some Background Noise removal.

To be honest, Im not too happy with my audio. Will be keeping an eye on this thread ;)

Ishay Frenkel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It depends a lot on your budget and needs, should the mic be hidden, or is it for outside shooting, etc.

Anyways, I use the Rode Podcaster which is a really great microphone for podcasts/voice overs/screencasting and I also just use it on my videos (tomorrow you'll be able to see it in my first video).
The thing with this mic is that it is dynamic, so the sound from near the mic (which is me) will be the only sound the mic receives.

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone im Frostt. I am looking to see what sort of audio hardware the community has to get an Idea as to what I can get to better my videos.
Specifically I mean like Microphone and Sound Proofing. I'd like to know what Mic you guys use and what type of sound proofing you have as I am trying to reduce echo myself.
I don't have any soundproofing when I record. However, I use my blue snowball microphone and audacity to get rid of background noise. If your just starting out, or you're looking for a really good, but cheap microphone, I highly recommend the blue snowball! :D

HalieCakes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use my Blue Snowball with Audacity! No soundproofing other than the pictures and things I have on my wall. I can still hear some crackle and pops from it but I think a simple pop filter can fix it. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Yeti though in the future.