What are thumbnails to you?

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
So me personally I enjoy making the thumbnail more than creating the video! I spend so much time in them and that's not necessarly editing them it's thinking of weird and wacky ways to just make them look hilarious or I hope they are. I try to make them as eye catching as possible and the way I link them together is using my little avatar in everyone. So tell me what are thumbnails to you? How much time is spent on them? Do you have fun making them?

Everything Supreme

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love making thumbnails although sometimes it gets stressful especially when you take awhile editing and then have to work on one.
I usually come up with thumbnail ideas before I even make a video and that's what gives me a little more flair when I'm making the video and even editing it.
A good technique for thumbnails is using your face and that's what I have been trying to do with my thumbnails for awhile now and it seems to be doing good.

Reactions: CMTXRATED

My Dixie ReKt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love making thumbnails although sometimes it gets stressful especially when you take awhile editing and then have to work on one.
I usually come up with thumbnail ideas before I even make a video and that's what gives me a little more flair when I'm making the video and even editing it.
A good technique for thumbnails is using your face and that's what I have been trying to do with my thumbnails for awhile now and it seems to be doing good.
Im guilty for not using them all the time mainly because once ive finished editing im like drained by looking at sony vegas and effects etc haha :) But they are very important to use mainly because it appeals to the eye and makes you click a video and stuff

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Yea keep up the hard work, looked at your channel It's good mate

Everything Supreme

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea keep up the hard work, looked at your channel It's good mate
Thank you I'm excited to check out yours too[DOUBLEPOST=1480462725,1480462662][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im guilty for not using them all the time mainly because once ive finished editing im like drained by looking at sony vegas and effects etc haha :) But they are very important to use mainly because it appeals to the eye and makes you click a video and stuff
That's just how it is sometimes I completely understand but don't forget to put up something interesting in the thumbnail before you upload

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Cheeky!!! I don't mind making thumbnails I find them entertaining

My Dixie ReKt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you I'm excited to check out yours too[DOUBLEPOST=1480462725,1480462662][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's just how it is sometimes I completely understand but don't forget to put up something interesting in the thumbnail before you upload
Yeah and something that relates to the video and not irrelevant etc

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not a big fan of gfx type stuff so meh. Can't say I enjoy or hate doing them. They're important tho.

Star Wars Geek

Reaction score
I enjoy making the thumbnails as well. I've come along way from just taking a screen grab and I've got plenty of room to grow in this area. To me the thumbnail is pretty important since that's the first image people see when scrolling through a list of videos that come up after a search. As I continue to get quicker at making my videos then that will give me even more time to spend on the thumbnail.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I enjoy making the thumbnails as well. I've come along way from just taking a screen grab and I've got plenty of room to grow in this area. To me the thumbnail is pretty important since that's the first image people see when scrolling through a list of videos that come up after a search. As I continue to get quicker at making my videos then that will give me even more time to spend on the thumbnail.
Yes that's perfect dude! Keep up the hard work