What are the best ways to promote a channel?

PK Ultra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hi all. I'm a newer Youtuber that has around 100 subs. I've been basically sharing my content on relevant subreddits and through Discord servers that allow promotion. While that has helped quite a bit, it's on and off.
I use TubeBuddy, so I got quality tags in my videos and calculated the best time to post my content. I feel what I've been doing is good for a novice but I want to take it up a notch. I'm really passionate about this channel.

What are some optimal methods to promote my channel so views and subs increase?
is Adwords worth a shot or are other techniques available that I haven't thought of? I'm really hoping to hit 200 subs by the middle of January but only if it's though an engaged audience that discovers my content.

NGUYEN TRUNG DUC

Reaction score
I use Google Adwords and buy views at qqtube. It take 3 months. After that time, my channel is start having organic views.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I use Google Adwords and buy views at qqtube. It take 3 months. After that time, my channel is start having organic views.
I don’t think buying views is allowed to be talked on here, and most don’t approve. Though I have no opinion on it

Reactions: TrapdoorNoodles

PK Ultra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Has Adwords been successful for you? I heard most of the it's just low retention.

Reactions: SidTV

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Has Adwords been successful for you? I heard most of the it's just low retention.
Yes because people are seeing your video on top of a video they picked to watch... Usually they will just skip yours as soon as possible to watch their picked video

PK Ultra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Yes because people are seeing your video on top of a video they picked to watch... Usually they will just skip yours as soon as possible to watch their picked video
So you get views out of it but how about any subs? I figured if people are skipping asap it won't really happen.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Take care of your SEO as if it were your child and pay attention to trend within your niche
+1 on SEO and trends. Don't just follow trends though. Be one of the first, if not THE first, person to address an upcoming trend. This means being on top of any potential blowups. Use this to your advantage to build a larger audience. After that, you can focus on more regular content that you specifically want to create.

Other promotion tips:

Take advantage of any reach you have from other social media platforms. If anything, you should also try to build brand awareness and growth in all platforms to maximize reach.

Reach out on other platforms, such as reddit, tumblr, or anything that you think is relevant to your content.

Make comments on more popular channels but don't ask people to follow/sub to your channel. Leave comments relevant to the video you're watching. Your goal here is to again create awareness. The more you have your name out there, the greater the chance people will find your content.

More importantly, create ENGAGING content. If you want more views, you have to have people actually watch yours videos at length. Work on your thumbnails and make enticing titles. Make sure the content actually relates to the title and thumbnail. The first few seconds of your video is also important. Ensure that the first few things people see in your video is something that will want to keep them watching more. DO NOT use obnoxious intros.