What advice would you give to someone about to create their channel

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Choosing a channel name is daunting, but not nearly as important as you may think. Not saying it does not matter, but at the end of the day, it is your content that will be the big influencer in the success of your channel. My main channel, which is doing very well, is called Jungle Explorer, but it has nothing to do with the jungle. LOL! It is a DIY channel. The name came from my Gmail account that I had since the beginning of Gmail. It grew into a great channel without me even trying, and I just kept the name when I decided to get serious about YT.

That being said, here is my best advice as to choosing your channel name. Think, about exactly what your video will focus on. For example. I have another channel called "Nothin' But Gadgets". It is a channel dedicated to nothing but tech reviews. When I came up with the idea for the channel, I struggled to find a name for it. Even posted a similar post on here asking for advice. One day I am talking with some friends and they ask me what my new channel was going to be about. I said that was going to be about nothing but gadget reviews. One of them says, why not make that the name "Nothing But Gadgets". I was for sure there were a million other channels out there with that name, so I ignored the advice. One night, I decided to search YT for Nothing But Gadgets and, low one Behold, the was not another channel with the name. I decided to change it to Nothin' But Gadgets to give a little more modern sound.

So, think about your channel and try to describe it in three words or less. Say them out loud. Then search for that name on Youtube. If it is taken, try a synonym and keep going.