What advice would you give to someone about to create their channel

XLS

Hi All,

I'm about to create my Channel.

Will record on my phone initially on a tripod and will plug in my Samson Q2U mic.

My banner is being designed at the moment.

I have created the Channel, finding the name that I want and have the content in my mind as I'm a Coach.

I have downloaded Adobe Premier Rush and will learn how to use it.

Is their anything that I should do whilst setting it up before recording my first video, to start right?

Advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
XLS

Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

Hi All,

I'm about to create my Channel.

Will record on my phone initially on a tripod and will plug in my Samson Q2U mic.

My banner is being designed at the moment.

I have created the Channel, finding the name that I want and have the content in my mind as I'm a Coach.

I have downloaded Adobe Premier Rush and will learn how to use it.

Is their anything that I should do whilst setting it up before recording my first video, to start right?

Advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
XLS

Hello and welcome to YTtalk. :)

My advice would be don't overanalyse everything. Get started as soon as possible by making your first few videos and uploading them. Accept that your first few videos won't be perfect and just try to improve as you go along. Too much analysis and planning results in procrastination. Decide to start and take action. Progress is more important than perfection. Good luck. :)

Reactions: XLS
Hi, welcome to the forum & congrats on 1st post. I started recording with cellphone too, today cellphone quality is even better.
Premier Rush any good? I jumped straight into Premiere Pro for video editing & using Photoshop for thumbnail designs. Lots to learn in general, YouTubing, editing, take it slow.
What do you coach?

Thanks for your responses and I totally agree about starting to record straight away and will do this weekend.

I Coach Freelancers and Entrepreneurs on how to destroy self-doubt, so as to breakthrough barriers in their mind.

Useful for You Tubers too and especially when beginning :).

I will be proving many tips and ways to do this and so fingers crossed, will be helpful to my audience.

Never hurts to have a small backlog of videos before you start uploading, so you don't have to worry about the next upload and can take your time with future videos.

Thanks.

Do you happen to know if its possible to connect a Samsung S9 to an external mic? I have the Samson Q2U mic but have heard that their is an issue with the samsung S9.

I am waiting for the cable to arrive to connect, so haven't tried yet.

Thanks. Do you think the quality of the Mic on the S9 which is the same as the S10 apparently, will be ok in the beginning to use, if I can't connect the S9 to my Samson Mic?

I'm very new and so excuse the questions.

Do you think the quality of the Mic on the S9 which is the same as the S10 apparently, will be ok in the beginning to use
I still use it :cloud9: USE IT, it's important to keep things simple at start so as to focus on creating rather then what gear is used to create, I started recording videos with cellphone, as you get comfortable with the process then you can explode other things like better video/audio gear

Thanks for that. I just heard many people saying to ensure the audio quality is right but I agree, creating in the beginning is important. I will start to create this weekend and am very excited...

Back