Weird CPM difference.

RemusYouTube

Hey there, my name is Remus and I mostly do LOL videos, since WOW Legion was released I started playing it a lot again and I have made 2 videos with the game.

The thing is, the CPM on those 2 videos is HUGE, at least compared to the LOL videos, why so?

/watch?v=zW4XhlHGBzo this one that isn't even 10 min+ to have multiple ads has a CPM of over $5, and 20K monetized views.

And this one /watch?v=en6Z6Bj_-ao has a CPM of $7.13, I don't think I have ever seen that before.

And LOL videos, even long ones with 5+ min watch times like this one /watch?v=H3nlDQswCgA only have a CPM of $1-2, still, on LOL videos I get a lot of views from Philippines, and on the WOW ones more from US, but even so, the US CPM is lower on the LOL videos. But also there are some LOL videos that do well, like this one for example /watch?v=6ntR6qgnrLU having an almost $3 CPM and a decent number of monetized views, still 5+ min average watch time but many others have a lot lower CPM than this one.
(Only left the /watch part because it won't let me link, I thought you were allowed to post links.) :)

I find this pretty damn weird, any ideas? :D

Thank you.

...and, if you were to put up a cat video that was mostly viewed in Zimbabwe, you'd see another completely different CPM.

CPM varies based on the location, age, and sex of the viewer as well as the topic of the video... and, for you, that means a clear difference between the ads for WoW and LoL.

True, but still, similar gaming-related content on the same watch-time and the CPM to be 3+ times higher than on LOL videos is quite weird. :D

Back