Ways to bring channel to the next level

Ivory Cherry

Reaction score
Hi there! I've been a beauty channel since mid June and currently sit at 94 subs. I don't know if that's good or not, but either way I'm having alot of fun creating content this has been a really great hobby of mine. Since I realize that more people are going to be watching, I want to take my videos and content to the next level.

Is anyone willing to look at a couple of my videos and my banner to tell me ways I can make my content better? You can be as nitpicky as you want. Thumbnails, audio, content, etc.
Thanks in advance to anyone offering to help!

Last edited by a moderator:

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Not sure for a beauty channel, but for YouTube overall when starting a channel for the first time, 94 subscribers in 2 months is really good.

Banner looks nice, thumbnails are good. You're using branding in them by showing your face. Just be sure to always have yourself in the thumbnails. The font on the "Revlon Colorstay..." thumbnail is good. It doesn't blend in to the background, it's bold and stands out. The newer videos use a thinner smaller font that is harder to read, and the first one, some of the colors blend in. The newer thumbnails I just noticed you have product that blends in with the background. What I did with my thumbnails was use some kind of solid color background around anything that has a hard time standing out.

Overall you're doing great! Keep it up!

Reactions: Ivory Cherry

Ivory Cherry

Reaction score
Not sure for a beauty channel, but for YouTube overall when starting a channel for the first time, 94 subscribers in 2 months is really good.

Banner looks nice, thumbnails are good. You're using branding in them by showing your face. Just be sure to always have yourself in the thumbnails. The font on the "Revlon Colorstay..." thumbnail is good. It doesn't blend in to the background, it's bold and stands out. The newer videos use a thinner smaller font that is harder to read, and the first one, some of the colors blend in. The newer thumbnails I just noticed you have product that blends in with the background. What I did with my thumbnails was use some kind of solid color background around anything that has a hard time standing out.

Overall you're doing great! Keep it up!
thank you so much! I just broke 100 which im so excited about, and it just makes me eager to do more!

Reactions: newage

SpitItOutProductions

Reaction score
Dear Ivory Cherry,
I've noticed that the description of your channel is a bit short, try being concise and on point with it and use all kind of "keywords" possible to have it pop up in the search engine.
For example, Vogues description:
"Vogue places fashion in the context of culture and the world we live in—how we dress, live and socialize; what we eat, listen to and watch; who leads and inspires us. Vogue immerses itself in fashion, always leading readers to what will happen next. Thought-provoking, relevant and always influential, Vogue defines the culture of fashion."

It's full of different keywords "Fashion, culture, dress, socialize." Etc

I subscribed to show my support. :)
Keep at it!

Ivory Cherry

Reaction score
Dear Ivory Cherry,
I've noticed that the description of your channel is a bit short, try being concise and on point with it and use all kind of "keywords" possible to have it pop up in the search engine.
For example, Vogues description:
"Vogue places fashion in the context of culture and the world we live in—how we dress, live and socialize; what we eat, listen to and watch; who leads and inspires us. Vogue immerses itself in fashion, always leading readers to what will happen next. Thought-provoking, relevant and always influential, Vogue defines the culture of fashion."

It's full of different keywords "Fashion, culture, dress, socialize." Etc

I subscribed to show my support. :)
Keep at it!
That's a great tip! I will change it. Thank you so much for your support :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you have a lot subscribers! The thumbnails look good, and there is a lot of consistency. One thing I noticed is that your channel's total view count can have a higher potential ceiling since you have a subscriber every 20 views roughly. I suggest maybe see how your channel reacts over time.

Ivory Cherry

Reaction score
I think you have a lot subscribers! The thumbnails look good, and there is a lot of consistency. One thing I noticed is that your channel's total view count can have a higher potential ceiling since you have a subscriber every 20 views roughly. I suggest maybe see how your channel reacts over time.
I think a big problem I have is I film almost too often, and thus have a backlog of videos and then I dont make videos that are relevant or "trending". So im trying to be better about not planning so much ahead so I can account for that. Thank you for your advice!