MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From the standpoint of earning subscribers, watermarks are really working for me. Thanks to 504RoadTrips' suggestion of adding a "subscribe" button to the watermark, we've seen a sharp increase in the rate that subscribers are being added. It took many edits to get the graphics just right, but very pleased with the result.

Reactions: Paperblossem

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had a subscribe watermark on my videos for months now and I'm not seeing a change at all.

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had a subscribe watermark on my videos for months now and I'm not seeing a change at all.
The plain "subscribe" button did not work for me either, but then I put myself in my audience's shoes...one year ago, I had no idea that clicking somewhere on a YouTube video could open a link!

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm still not sure whether using a "subscribe" button as a channel branding watermark is compliant with the YT TOS.
Did anyone yet get a community guideline strike for mimicking part of the YT UI (what that red "Subscribe" button indeed is)?

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm still not sure whether using a "subscribe" button as a channel branding watermark is compliant with the YT TOS.
Did anyone yet get a community guideline strike for mimicking part of the YT UI (what that red "Subscribe" button indeed is)?
I looked into it and didn't find any TOS violation in using a subscribe button (YT even has a place that you can download the code for one). Also found multiple instructional videos on how to do this. Then again, I'm not a legal expert, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: aliceromy

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a subscribe watermark too and no doubt that it´s has increased my subscriber number:up2: Interesting channel you got my the way.. I really like your animation videos. do you make them yourself and what kind of software do you use?? I kind of into animation too but not the same niche as you though.

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That was new to me. Thanks!
You're welcome[DOUBLEPOST=1526639291,1526639272][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use a subscribe watermark too and no doubt that it´s has increased my subscriber number:up2: Interesting channel you got my the way.. I really like your animation videos. do you make them yourself and what kind of software do you use?? I kind of into animation too but not the same niche as you though.
Thanks. Oh I wouldn't know the first thing about doing animation myself - I buy them!

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that's really interesting! i haven't noticed many of the Youtubers i'm subscribed to doing this... or maybe it's there and i never pay attention?

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, I'm now recognizing them more myself, in videos that I watch.

I think the point is to design it in a way that draws attention and shows viewers what to do.