Video SEO Example for small YouTuber

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi All,

I have been away from this forum for a while because I am so damn busy working on my channel and consultancy. but I thought this was worth sharing.

I have a prime example of how you can create a video as a small YouTuber that gets SEO traction when you find a good keyword to target. In my case it was a video I created following the YT demonetization announcement in Feb.

If you go to Google or YouTube and type in "4000 hours into minutes" you'll see my video ranks well, above some pretty heavy hitters like Vid IQ.

Thought I would share this to show small YouTubers can get organic views! My channel is at 866 subs, so definitely a small channel!

Don't give up hope!

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi All,

I have been away from this forum for a while because I am so damn busy working on my channel and consultancy. but I thought this was worth sharing.

I have a prime example of how you can create a video as a small YouTuber that gets SEO traction when you find a good keyword to target. In my case it was a video I created following the YT demonetization announcement in Feb.

If you go to Google or YouTube and type in "4000 hours into minutes" you'll see my video ranks well, above some pretty heavy hitters like Vid IQ.

Thought I would share this to show small YouTubers can get organic views! My channel is at 866 subs, so definitely a small channel!

Don't give up hope!
I did not quite understand that. Can you explain more?

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can you elaborate on some of the keywords that were successful for that particular case? I'm curious to know. :)

But yes, small youtubers can stand out in search with good SEO. Not all the time--it's a combination of SEO and an unsaturated search feed that gains in popularity (hitting trends before they peak).

Reactions: adrianquihuis

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Did searched in favour of curiocity!
Indeed you are #5 2 places under VidIQ (don't really mattered to me.. :p)
The question is:
Why "How to Convert Minute to Hour in Hindi " with less views than yours or VidIQ is first result?
I mean, there is a thin line between relevant and "boosted" titles and videos...

Of course, that does not mean that you didn't won a battle! keep going!

:)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have less subscribers than you have I have lots of video's in the 1000's of views and a few well over 10k views all organic. I have views that come in from YouTube as well as google searches people sharing my video's and lots of my views come from YouTube suggesting my video's in the related category. just because your small does not mean that you can't get organic views. starting out I was doing some video promotions in on topic discussion forums. witch could net me 20-100 views. I have not done much of any promoting for a while now. and well over 90% of my views come directly from YouTube. the percentage that is external is mostly google or other search engine results. with less than 2% of my monthly 10k+ views come from any promotion that I do.

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
That must feel good! I find it so difficult to find a good phrase and ranking together on that phrase. It's almost every time that there are no searches when I rank or when there are searches, i don't rank.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
search frequency as well as the number of similar video's has a lot to do with it. it could be very hard to rank in a saturated market. a lot of my video's I don't have a overwhelming amount of compition and enough search frequency. my current most popular video ranks 2nd in YouTube search out of about 20 similar video's

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

adrianquihuis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
its finding that right combination of everything, of wording and seo. but also what promotion that you do on your own too.