Video Files Randomly Disappeared

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone ever experienced this? I had several mov files on my desktop while editing, went to drag in some audio for the videos to grey out on the timeline and all the mov files were gone. I luckily had a backup but that was so close. I am hoping it isnt a virus or malware so I am doing some scans now to make sure.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Really do a scan on that.
I record in MP4 format but at one point tried .mov and they would also delete at some points.

I bet it's TROJ Gen.RCIC7km

Or well that is the one that happens most often.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I record in MP4 format but at one point tried .mov and they would also delete at some points.

Thanks I am doing a full scan on all my drives in depth with Nod32 and then one after with Malwarebytes. I have never had anything like this happen before, it was so strange, it makes me wonder what other files might have disappeared in the past :D

Reactions: GrgakGames

Anderson

Lets Have FUN!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

#relateable, you should definitely scan your PC, or check if the file was moved into any other folder without your consideration

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
#relateable, you should definitely scan your PC, or check if the file was moved into any other folder without your consideration
I cannot find them anywhere, I do have my computer set to hard delete without going to the recycle bin when using the delete shortcut but I am pretty sure I didnt use it accidentally. Nod didnt find anything, doing the second scan now :D

Reactions: Anderson

Anderson

Lets Have FUN!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thats strange :S personally that hasnt happened to me so I really hope you can find out the problem, It would suck soo much if you lose any recordings just cause life wants to F you over lol

Reactions: Michael

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I cannot find them anywhere, I do have my computer set to hard delete without going to the recycle bin when using the delete shortcut but I am pretty sure I didnt use it accidentally. Nod didnt find anything, doing the second scan now :D
I wouldn't risk having it on hard delete :p
I accidently delete stuff now and then, so it's nice to just go to the recycle bin to get anything I accidently deleted. lol