Using YTtalk Guide

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This thread is to help you all understand how to use YTtalk as quickly as possible, it will feature all of our How to YTtalk videos and a text version to go along with each one so if you get stuck with anything, a demonstration is available. If you have any questions at all after reading through this thread feel free to post them within the Site Support and Suggestions forum. I hope this helps you.

Help With Using The Forums & Forum Features Explained

How to Fix Your Channel Link on YTtalk

Please see here: http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-add-your-youtube-channel-to-every-message-post.32/

YTtalk App - Tapatalk For YTtalk When Out And About!

To use YTtalk when you're out and about get yourself Tapatalk, it is an app and it is available for Android devices including all Android tablets, iOS devices including iPhones and iPads and Windows Phones. The app is very well made, supported and makes accessing YTtalk very easy. To get yourself it simply browse to one of the links below depending on your device and install it, it is free and there is a pro paid version for those who want to use it on tablets with some extra features over the free version:

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_GB

iOS (iPhones, iPads etc) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tapatalk-community-reader/id307880732?mt=8

Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/tapatalk/913ffd61-3ba0-435c-a894-9d3ec7e78d6e

Once you have it installed search for YTtalk using the search at the top of the app and then proceed to login with your YTtalk account details by clicking the Sign In in the sidebar, please note that you do not need a Tapatalk account to use the Tapatalk app with YTtalk.

For a preview and a look at some of the features please watch the video above.

Adding a Video to Your Signature

Adding a video to your signature is very easy, first make sure you have VIP Membership and then visit your Signature page to edit it. Click the small media icon in the text editor and then paste your YouTube video URL which is the address which shows in your address bar when viewing your video. Once complete hit Save Changes.

Goals Signatures

To get your goals signature you first need to purchase it by visiting the Shop and spending 25 YTtalk cash to unlock the options which display under Personal Details. Fill your current subscribers, goal amount of subscribers, current views and goal views and then save. It will then display until it runs out which is 30 days from the day of purchase.

Adding an Image to Your Signature

To add an image to your signature head on over to the Signature page and then open up your favourite image hosting website, I prefer to use imgur.com and then upload your signature image, to make sure it doesn't end up resized making it at 500px x 120px is optimal. Once it is uploaded right click the image and copy the images location, come back to YTtalk and click the small picture icon in the editor on the signature page and then paste the URL and save.

How to Get VIP Membership at YTtalk

To get yourself VIP Membership you can either purchase it for $3.99 per month here or make sure you have at least 100 forum cash and proceed to purchase VIP from the Shop.

How to Get Video Forum Access on YTtalk Without VIP Membership

To get yourself VIP Membership make sure you have at least 25 forum cash and proceed to purchase Video Forum Access from the Shop.

How to Get Support at YTtalk

You can get support in many ways, the first place to check for frequently asked questions is this thread as well as our Useful Site Information forum. If you cannot find your answer and your support request is forum usage related you may find help by creating a new thread within the Site Support and Suggestions forum.

If you are having issues with your account or need assistance with anything else you can contact us via our contact form by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the site on every page, alternatively you can email us at support at yttalk.com via your email, when doing so please make sure to include your forum username and any other information we might need to know to assist you. When we receive your support request we will look into it and get back to you asap.

Another way of getting support is PMing a staff member, we have three staff groups here, Administrators, Moderators and YTtalk Assistants, all are able to help you with most queries related to using the site and we are here to help.

YTtalk Verification and Getting Verified

YTtalk account verification is available to anyone with over 100,000 subscribers or 25 million views on one of their channels. This allows us to prevent impersonation of larger channels as much as possible. If you would like to start the verification process please send an email to support@yttalk.com stating your YTtalk username and we will be in touch and begin the process with you. Verification is very easy and consists of you messaging our YTtalkTV channel from your linked channel at YTtalk to prove channel ownership.

How to Title Your Threads

Titling your threads well is very easy to do although sometimes overlooked, a title which is descriptive of the post content and not vague will always gain the most and best responses, vague thread titles where you are not telling the reader what your thread is about when they see the title are usually going to gain the least responses/amount of interest. Look at what your post is about and write specifically what your post is about in the thread title. This will help you and those browsing YTtalk.

Reporting Posts And Helping The Staff

Reporting posts allows us to keep YTtalk as free of spam and any other issues as possible. To report a post or a PM hit the red Report button which shows below each post, enter a comment letting the staff know why you are reporting the post and we will deal with it as necessary when we get online.

Can we get a Chatbox/Chatroom ?

This is not something we will be adding up, because that would cause the forum to be less active/inactive since everyone would be using the chat box/ Chatroom and we don't wish for that to happen. Also it might cause spam from users asking for sub4sub, posting links, etc.

Links to Other Information & Resources

Get Support

Terms and Privacy

YTtalk Rules and Guidelines Easy to Read

VIP Memberships and Forum Cash

Verified YTtalk Members

YTtalk On The Go - Browsing YTtalk on SmartPhones and Tablets

How to become a YTtalk moderator
Helping to Promote YTtalk
Meet The YTtalk Staff

YTtalk Wallpapers Download
YTtalk YouTube Help Articles and Resources Index

Last edited by a moderator:

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but I love your bed headboard @Michael. Great thread! This will definitely help newbies (and even some people who have been here for a while... *look at the floor*) get around the forum easier and learn much quicker. :)

TheRoboDC

Gamer | Commentator | Check me out!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks @Michael for the videos! It really makes it easy when you compiled all the YTTalk support videos into one big thread. I definitely learned a lot from the videos, and it will make my YTTalk experience much more fun and usable. I recommend this guide to anyone having issues navigating the website. :)

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youre welcome and thanks guys, there will be many more of them coming soon and as new features/updates are added to the site :)

BoomersReachingOut

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomersReachingOut
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to know who works for You Tube and who is working for me????? Isn't YT Google? Does Google really care what becomes of a channel for older people, or for the older people for that matter? My kids don't even care, why should anyone else? I just want to get some direction on whose advice to follow on how to make money at this- not for me but to start a nonprofit to help older people stave off isolation through the use of technology.

Reactions: brotherwilber

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to know who works for You Tube and who is working for me????? Isn't YT Google? Does Google really care what becomes of a channel for older people, or for the older people for that matter? My kids don't even care, why should anyone else? I just want to get some direction on whose advice to follow on how to make money at this- not for me but to start a nonprofit to help older people stave off isolation through the use of technology.
YouTube is owned by Google, if youre after support with monetisation you can use YTtalk which is not owned nor ran by YouTube/Google. We have a forum for those questions and a good place to start is here:

http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-monetization-partnership-forum.34/ :)

BoomersReachingOut

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomersReachingOut
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, thank you. I am just wading through the posts on that forum now. I am just skeptical of advice on money issues when it comes from big corporations, though I have nothing against Google. And, I am nowhere near anyplace that anyone would want to advertise on my channel anyway. Just tying to figure things out. But, thanks so much for being so impressively quick in your responses to me and with your help.

Reactions: Michael