Using Twitter to get YT Traffic

UndergroundSeries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I made a Twitter account to get traffic on my channel but I dont know how to do it effectively I allready followed 35 persons from 1 big youtuber but they dont seem to check my channel out what can I do to get some
traffic going trough my twitter so it gets to youtube ?? my twitter is : UnderGRNDseries
maybe something is wrong with the basics of my twitter account ?

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to use twitter as well and would love to hear the answers you get

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Twitter is a noisy environment, and you'll need thousands of followers for it to get even some traffic to your channel. I wouldn't rely on it too much. But here are some helpful tips
- Don't simply post your link, as they won't display the picture on mobile devices. Instead create a GIF of your video as a teaser and put a caption. Then put a link
- Use proper hashtags
- Pin your post on the top
- Don't only tweet about your video, this is going to annoy a lot of people. Alternate with other types of tweets. I do a lot of motivational tweets
- Use IFTTT (it's a website) and automatically place people who tweet certain keywords related to your niche in a list. This will notify them that someone has added them to a list. This is an easy way to get exposure.

I automate my tweets so I barley need to touch my twitter account, but I make 1500+ tweets on my personal and brand's acccount a month with 4500+ total followers and I can tell you that it's not a lot of traffic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I
So I made a Twitter account to get traffic on my channel but I dont know how to do it effectively I allready followed 35 persons from 1 big youtuber but they dont seem to check my channel out what can I do to get some
traffic going trough my twitter so it gets to youtube ?? my twitter is : UnderGRNDseries
I got a little traffic when I started out on Twitter.. but I did better with Google Plus & Facebook :)

UndergroundSeries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Twitter is a noisy environment, and you'll need thousands of followers for it to get even some traffic to your channel. I wouldn't rely on it too much. But here are some helpful tips
- Don't simply post your link, as they won't display the picture on mobile devices. Instead create a GIF of your video as a teaser and put a caption. Then put a link
- Use proper hashtags
- Pin your post on the top
- Don't only tweet about your video, this is going to annoy a lot of people. Alternate with other types of tweets. I do a lot of motivational tweets
- Use IFTTT (it's a website) and automatically place people who tweet certain keywords related to your niche in a list. This will notify them that someone has added them to a list. This is an easy way to get exposure.

I automate my tweets so I barley need to touch my twitter account, but I make 1500+ tweets on my personal and brand's acccount a month with 4500+ total followers and I can tell you that it's not a lot of traffic.
thx man you helped me allot with this :)

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Twitter is confusing, but I have used it once successfully with great results. I found some people with more reach than I have that may like my videos and may share with their audience. After some experimenting I finally got one successful attempt with great results. It was basically shared to their audience on other platforms. That was the only time I've had any success on Twitter. I'm trying new methods lately in the very small amount of downtime that I have, we shall see how they work. Below are the trophies I kept from my one successful attempt. Before this that video had about 4k views over a 5 month period. My biggest tip is to experiment with ways to use each method of communication, don't only stick to one approach.
shared.jpg
views.jpg

Reactions: UndergroundSeries

UndergroundSeries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Twitter is confusing, but I have used it once successfully with great results. I found some people with more reach than I have that may like my videos and may share with their audience. After some experimenting I finally got one successful attempt with great results. It was basically shared to their audience on other platforms. That was the only time I've had any success on Twitter. I'm trying new methods lately in the very small amount of downtime that I have, we shall see how they work. Below are the trophies I kept from my one successful attempt. Before this that video had about 4k views over a 5 month period. My biggest tip is to experiment with ways to use each method of communication, don't only stick to one approach.
View attachment 39031
View attachment 39032
allright nice man, thx for the info

Fran Gale

Reaction score
This is what I think. You shouldn't look so spammy if you want to promote something, just act like one person, who has no interest or is money moved by a visit, act social, subscribe, share other people stuff and build a topic related account, this for a few days or even weeks. Then just invite people to watch a video just like if you were not the maker. Since everything comes to quality, if is a pretty good video, it will be shared, if not, try again.

If you look spammy (needy) you won't get nowhere...just like hitting on a chick.